Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [Rhenium] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virratas. Love them, very similar to the Kinvaras but zero drop. I also picked up a pair of Topo ST's and I really like those too. Less cushioning than Kinvara/Virrata but they fit like a glove.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did two IM's with the Kinvara 2's. Same deal where I bought a couple of them all at once. I have since switched to the Altra Provisions and couldn't be happier. The only complaint is that they are a bit heavier than the Kinvara's were.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved the Kinvaras but converted to the Cortana last year. More cushioned version of the Kinvara. Everything you love about Saucony with a low drop.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has given me a lot of food for thought, just had a phone call to say the Kinvara 4's I ordered are no longer in stock, rather than shopping around for another pair, I'm tempted to try something new...or just go with the 5's? They aren't cheap though- £90+ in the UK!
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [AlexR52/11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the Kinvara 4 on the http://www.sportsshoes.co.uk website today and they have lots of stock from 7-12 minus a couple of half sizes so may be worth a look. They are fifty quid.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
I loved the Kinvaras but converted to the Cortana last year. More cushioned version of the Kinvara. Everything you love about Saucony with a low drop.

Second this...Went a little more padding with the Cortanas for a better training shoe. Still have the kinvaras to race in but rarely grab them because the cortana is the perfect blend for me! Great family of shoes though
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [The_Exile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is where I shop for them, and I'm a size 11.5
The Cortana is on my shortlist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... maybe I'll have to have a look, although a Cortana, isn't that an old Toyota model? ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mizuno Sayonara's are pretty sweet and similar. Brooks pureflow. Asics is coming out with a new shoe similar but I forget the name. Nike LunarRacer can also be another choice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So just a quick update to resurrect this thread.

I ended up buying three pairs of Kinvara 5's today for US$150 with free shipping. I'll post again to give my thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, any thoughts about the Kinvara 6's?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let us know how in your opinion the 5's compare to the 2's.
In similar situation.

Thanks!

Rhenium wrote:
So just a quick update to resurrect this thread.

I ended up buying three pairs of Kinvara 5's today for US$150 with free shipping. I'll post again to give my thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, any thoughts about the Kinvara 6's?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't notice any difference between the kinvara 5 and 6.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [Triscilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got back to training after taking a year and a half off due to our first kid, move and job change all within a year. I just bought the 6s after running in the 3s for a few years. I'm very happy with them and they are very comfy! I think running without socks will be much better, but havent tried it yet.

Quote | Reply
Looks like the Zealot is sockless? Anyone confirm this?

I still wouldn't go sockless in Kinvara.
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Zealot. But, for me, it's not a sockless shoe. I felt around the inside of it and pointed to where the tongue is attached and told my sister (she manages the running store), it won't be a sockless shoe. Nevertheless, I did a sprint aquathlon and wore them sockless. Sure enough, it put a hole right on top of my big toe's first knuckle.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's how I felt about the Brooks Green Silence. Bought 4 boxes and last year went through my pair. I haven't seen the Kinvara 2 on any outlets like RoadRunner either, sucks! Those were great shoes.

Hoka - Like running with de-boned kitten insoles. Turn feet into veal, not very responsive, induce poor form, feet hurt after 8-10 miles.
Newtons - Actuator lugs irritating after 7-8 miles, before that I love them.
Saucony - Peregrines are my fave all-time trails shoes, tempted to use them on road.
Asics - Best fit for me, ugly and expensive. Tempted to try their new Tri shoe?
Nike - Look good, fall apart fast, don't fit well and mostly just wear because they're sexy.

So I guess I'm also wondering what to get for half-Mary's and longer training runs on road?

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: What did you replace your Kinvara 2's with? [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really cool to see on the kinvara fans here!

i've been dedicated to them for the past few years.

i've had the kinvara 2s, 4s, and now 5s.
Quote Reply

Prev Next