Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Three Lakes Triathlon Series (Western Canada)...
Quote | Reply
I searched and didn't see a discussion on the new series...

I'll be quite interested in the Cultus Lake race instead of Victoria 70.3 depending on what the course looks like and I know there were a few fans of the Sylvan Lake and Osoyoos races...

http://threelakestriathlonseries.com/

https://www.facebook.com/...ies/1493934407555209
Quote Reply
Re: Three Lakes Triathlon Series (Western Canada)... [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's great to see another series popping up now that the old Subaru series is owned by WTC. I just really wish the Cultus Lake race were a week later and not on the same weekend as Victoria. I'm definitely torn between doing Victoria as planned or racing at home.
I do think Cultus will be a bit chilly in June so be aware of that possibility. I think they are probably limited in available dates at the lake as it gets too busy to run a race in July/August

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these the same distances as before? Cultus = Olympic. Sylvan/Osoyoos = half IM?
I'm assuming someone bought the races from Joe Dixon?
Either way, great to have more options in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Three Lakes Triathlon Series (Western Canada)... [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to write something snarky about "check the site", but I did and there isn't a single bit of information on the distances, unless you know the Cultus Lake venue well enough to extrapolate from the maps.

Otherwise, the site does say they are under new management so I think you've got it pegged. Joe has turned those over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Word is it's being run by the guy who ran Ultraman Canada. Sounds like the distances for each race will be approximately 1/60/10 for the "1 loop" and 2/90/20 for the "2 loop" from the posts on Facebook.

Cultus was 1500/36/10 when I did it in 2012 with Joe but my understanding is it's had a few different courses over the years. rj_tri said on Facebook that the September Outback Cultus race is still happening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I know the Outback event is still happening in September (Joe sent me a complimentary entry for 2015 and I have registered for the race) but it wasn't on the TriBC preliminary race calendar
The mid Sept race date for that event is much better IMO since there isn't anything else happening around then and the weather is always perfect in Chilliwack at that time of year.

Team Every Man Jack
Last edited by: rj_tri: Nov 25, 14 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find anywhere on the site with how much the races cost. That would be useful information to make handy.

Also, will there be a lower cost for the full series as per the now defunct Subaru series? I think that would be a great move if there was, racers loved the Subaru deal and getting a small but rabid core signed up for your races means those folks will be keen to drag along their friends.

I wish they could find a differ spot for the swim for Cultus. Going around the dock is so crowded and there is no way they can get anything much longer than 1,000m, some of us like the swim!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the new operators had a meeting earlier in the fall in Sylvan about that race and that they were trying to help out the racers that had their race cancelled last year. I do my OWS training in Sylvan with the Triumph club but have never managed to fit the Sylvan 1/2 into my schedule. Maybe this year? Not too sure though, racing CDA 3 wks beforehand and I recover pretty slow from IM distances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Annual Sylvan Lake Loop Triathlon!OUR PROMISE TO YOU

While this event has been going for well over a decade, this new event under new management will be one of your better triathlon experiences from an organization viewpoint. We will do everything we can to live up to and exceed the best years you remember for this event. That is our pledge to you from the Three Lakes Triathlon Series Organizing Team.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Last edited by: realAlbertan: Nov 25, 14 19:43
Quote Reply