Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch builds a P2
Quote | Reply
I am upgrading Tri Bikes this winter from a Felt S32 (aluminum and 105 groupo)

Because the P2 and P3 frame are the same, but the P2 is significantly less, I am planning to get the p2 and make upgrades overtime.

P2 11 speed

Power Meter: Quarq or Power2max. My LBS sells Quarq, but I know that P2M costs a little less. Any input here?

Tri Bars: One big upgrade to be made on the P2 is the cockpit. Tririg? Zipp? What should I look at here?

Brakes: Front Brake and Rear Brake are both out in the wind. Looking to upgrade for Aero properties here. I'm thinking Tririg brakes. other options?

Components: With stock 105 groupset, I'm thinking i'll make the jump to di2 later down the road.

I already own Flo 60/90 combo for race wheels.

What else?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bars: Zipp Vuka Stealth
Power Meter: Quarq Elsa RS
Brakes: TriRig Omega

This is my build for my 2011 P2

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Stealth is an awesome choice if it allows you to get low enough. Ventus II also very nice and very fast if it works with your fit. TriRig is also an option and the Sigma stem is great for cable management.

Omega up front, not going to make a huge difference out back.

What distances are you racing? Flat kit either under the seat or in a bottle behind your seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From everything I've read, it's hard to beat the power2max crankset. Comprehensive reviews on DC Rainmakers blog.

If you ran hydraullic brakes, you can route the rear brake line through the top tube and get it out of the wind. Otherwise tririg are probably best bet.

Quote | Reply
Or you could get an aduro (there are ways).... and maguras. Maguras are pretty good with aero and even better in breaking performance. If you are comforable with bleeding brakes, really not a big deal.

This is what I am doing with my "budget" superbike.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zachboring wrote:
Or you could get an aduro (there are ways).... and maguras. Maguras are pretty good with aero and even better in breaking performance. If you are comforable with bleeding brakes, really not a big deal.

This is what I am doing with my "budget" superbike.

What ways? I've had little to no luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take royalties for my finds ;)

Sorry for the external link

http://www.ebay.com/...8174?redirect=mobile
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you needed to be on ebay last thurs and Friday when slipstream sports let 6 go(new unused just no spacers for below stem)

I replaced mine from p5 dump with one of those for my p3.

thanks to Zach for the heads up. the 4 on Friday sat there for a while(save for the one I took) 17 watchers for 3 remaining for quite a while and then they were gone, poof.

I need to get a closer look on the one on my p5 after I remove brakes and pull it off. not sure of damage in steerer area or just the scrapes on the elbow on left side. regardless it has taken 6.5 months to get ins company to finally admit fault for their driver and reach a settlement on the bike. I just was not comfortable riding the fork or bars any longer. will destroy p5-6 fork(plug puled out taking some carbon with it) and likely the bars(don't know if calfree can assure they could be repaired, haven't checked) all from a side impact no less. taking opportunity to downsize in frame size. might put p5 to permanent trainer status with the p5-3 fork that I will still have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look at that , more gold available

probably will go fast again

edit: and they're gone, again
Last edited by: jeffp: Nov 24, 14 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snackchair wrote:
If you ran hydraullic brakes, you can route the rear brake line through the top tube and get it out of the wind. Otherwise tririg are probably best bet.

Actually, you can run mechanical brakes through the top tube on the new P-series bikes as well. See our build at http://www.tririg.com/...ervelo_New_P2_Review for an example. See image below - rear brake cable is out of the wind.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this! They listed 1 more last night and I ended up getting it.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That TriRig Alpha bar on a new P2 is SICK. I would take this any day over the Aduro (and it's ugly paint), unless I had a matching P5 frame. Also since buying an Aduro on the secondary market is pretty close on price to the Alpha brand new with support and warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call 30% less close, but to each their own regarding the look.

Had a tririg bar for a while, wasn't overly impressed and why I decided to go another way on my new build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought Magura RT8 on half-off closeout last winter and then stuck them on the new P2 when I bought it a couple months later. Very easy setup and bleeding. I went with a Zipp Vuka Stealth also, with the integrated shifter mounts and SRAM drivetrain, and put the 105 on my old P2C frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree the Alpha looks good and is a nice bar. I was actually planning on getting it until I saw Zachs post on the Aduro bar. As Zach said the Aduro was cheaper than the sale price of the Alpha, Gamma and Sigma combo.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
I agree the Alpha looks good and is a nice bar. I was actually planning on getting it until I saw Zachs post on the Aduro bar. As Zach said the Aduro was cheaper than the sale price of the Alpha, Gamma and Sigma combo.

That's pretty tough to pass up! I'd probably do the exact same thing. Pls post pics when you're finished. I want to see it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1015(850 +165) vs 600.........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch builds a P2 [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the paint

I was being nice and not including the stem price. I was about to buy an alpha too, till I was slumming it on ebay and ran across garmin selling off their stuff. Seems like they had like 10 of these bars just chilling in their truck

That is only half pink as the black/red wouldn't look passable on the p2 probably.
Last edited by: zachboring: Nov 25, 14 12:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good think there is already a touch of red on the p3(2014 models ;)
Quote Reply