Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done

FWIW, something I could see being cool would be a structured competitive interval session. E.g. you're online with your buddies doing a "virtual race" but every 1/2/5/whatever mins there's a recovery phase where the "virtual" riders reset... kind of like a miniature stage race.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was expecting one of the options to be a watch and heart rate monitoring. One of the cheapest and easiest ways to monitor effort and stay in a zone for those who go low tech.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done bump.

Its about the entire journey, not just the moment you cross the line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty sure I aced it. didn't even study

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. Please post results with sample size.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. I answered all 7...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have spinervals moved past being just a video you follow while working out?
If not I would have thought Sufferfest would be more relevant to the modern work out era. At least based on slowtwitch following.

Otherwise, interesting research area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm researching trainers and training and virtual racing, i have a 4-question survey. Can you take it?

Seven... in the bag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
yes, to all of you who noticed my 4-question survey has more than 4 questions. it began with 4 questions. then it grew. you have my permission to answer the 4 questions of greatest interest to you ;-)

Well, I want a rebate on my high priced ST subscription on account of answering your 7 questions 4 question survey!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, in an ideal world, I would hook up my rollers to a computrainer load generation unit. Then I could get the best of rollers and CT erg mode. Might get a bit tricky pressing buttons in erg mode, so maybe slope mode and ride courses that don't have greater than 5% grade (riding out of the saddle on rollers sucks).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with many others...cycling videos and HR on a 'dumb' trainer. My 'dumb' trainer is a fluid resistance unit with a Performance house brand. It was something like $150 *many* years ago. When my spouse gave it to me as a gift, I thought - crappy seals, hot/cold cycles, full of oil...sure, maybe it won't fail during the warranty. But it has 1000's of miles, many interval sessions and works like new. One of the best cycling investments for me. I use Sufferfest + HR when I'm serious and just watch pro cycling videos + HR for more casual sessions. Zero interest in spending more now (unless I move somewhere colder and the need for indoor cycling in substantially greater).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done, but you may want to add "The Sufferfest" to the options.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done - bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply
Re: Can you take this 4-question survey on stationary cycling? [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done, even though I've only ridden my trainer once this year, for 1 hour.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done
Quote Reply

Prev Next