Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page
Quote | Reply
Another old time results. I do not remember seeing age group participants wearing any kind of modern era triathlon wetsuits. I did wear a red, waist up and hooded wetsuit that Scott Tinley was featured in those days.

Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't read some of the names- who was in 4th from Ithaca?
Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:

Looks to me like Harold "Stretch" Robinson, who rode the famous Trimble.
Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RFXCrunner wrote:

1 Scott Molina
2 Scott Tinley
3 Mike Pigg

4 Harold Robinson- he was a decent all rounder and had the cool Trimble bike. Not sure how aero, but the entire frame inside the down tube/seat tube/top tube was filled in with a fairing. This bike forced the reason for the first rear saddle water bottle carrier. Trimble used to make it's own rear carrier.
bike pic here:
http://www.mountainbikes.net/.../Trimble_Aero_91.htm

5- looks like Richard (Rick) Wells
8 Jimmy Riccitello (WTC bike official)
Last edited by: mcycle: Oct 30, 14 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
RFXCrunner wrote:

Looks to me like Harold "Stretch" Robinson, who rode the famous Trimble.

I met him once in his post-triathlon career as an investment banker. He didn't say anything about his triathlon past during the meeting, but I looked at his card and asked myself, "was that the Harold Robinson..." Turns out, yes.

He's done quite well for himself: http://www.rigelassociates.com/...harold_robinson.html

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met him once in his post-triathlon career as an investment banker. He didn't say anything about his triathlon past during the meeting, but I looked at his card and asked myself, "was that the Harold Robinson..." Turns out, yes. //

I remember Harold quite well as a competitor, and he was the first guy that i ever remember retiring from triathlon. I mean, we were right in the thick of it and the lifestyle was as good as it gets, so who would want to leave all that? But he did, and nice to see he has done well for himself since then. He was a fixture on the podium of just about any race he competed in, and all round nice dude too..
Quote Reply
Re: 1986 Chicago USTS pro results 1st page [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I met him once in his post-triathlon career as an investment banker. He didn't say anything about his triathlon past during the meeting, but I looked at his card and asked myself, "was that the Harold Robinson..." Turns out, yes. //

I remember Harold quite well as a competitor, and he was the first guy that i ever remember retiring from triathlon. I mean, we were right in the thick of it and the lifestyle was as good as it gets, so who would want to leave all that? But he did, and nice to see he has done well for himself since then. He was a fixture on the podium of just about any race he competed in, and all round nice dude too..

Absolutely gotta agree with you on this; I never was fast enough to be in the pro game but, if I had been, I would've held onto it as long as I could:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply