Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Microsoft Band [theoMop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theoMop wrote:
<<You sure about this?>>

I'm equally sure about that as lifejustice is sure that with all other "Microsoft hardware, they will stop caring about it in 2 years and stop supporting it".

For what it's worth, I worked in the hardware division for 12 years.

People still have the following devices that sit as paperweights:
Zune
Kin
Surface RT
MSN Smart Watch
Actimates
XBox Entertainment services
XBox is only maintained because they re-organized their whole game plan 3 weeks after launch.
I anticipate Surface Pro will have one more revision, if they don't ditch the tablet plan all together.

Crap. My Garmin FR305 has outlasted many of their "Industry Changing" devices. They can't get a game plan together to maintain hardware. Period.
Last edited by: lifejustice: Oct 31, 14 13:14
Quote Reply
Re: Microsoft Band [lifejustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my surface RT daily, much easier for quick surfing on the couch. Use it all the time for recipes in the kitchen that sort of thing. Thought I Was going to want to get rid of it when I got my pro3 but nope, love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Microsoft Band [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...And my goal was never to say the products are bad at all. My issue is just how they release a product and then artificially stop supporting it and move on. Surface RT is a good example. It is a good solid product...But there is no longer any support for it. They stripped everybody off that team to make another product....probably the smart band. So now people have a Surface RT and improvements will never get made to it, and they will never continue development on it and make it something it is capable of becoming. I fully understand every product has end-of-life, but most microsoft products are killed much sooner than the plan they have on paper.

For example: it is hard for me to imagine Garmin coming out and saying, "We're no longer making GPS watches.", and then the next week they come out with a Baseball trainer...
Companies like Garmin would continue making the watches and slowly add in a Baseball trainer. Microsoft throws everything into the ring like a bull in a china shop and then disappears in the night.

That is my concern with this watch. It turns out to be an awesome product...and then they stop supporting it 18 months after they launch it.
Last edited by: lifejustice: Oct 31, 14 16:26
Quote Reply
Re: Microsoft Band [busynizzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa! What a tough call. Buggy software from Garmin or buggy software from Microsoft. What a choice.

Check out the operating temperature of MSFT's product. Fail.
Quote Reply

Prev Next