Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Archibald] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Archibald wrote:
You should change the lottery system. From the 236 lottery places, there should be maybe six or so for all the athletes who have already raced Norseman once. Just to increase the chance for the people who never started or have already tried for a couple of years and never got in. Just my two cents.
In some ultra trail running (utmb, ccc) you increase your chance each time you enter the draw and get unlucky.

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But at least you can increase your chances.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not a part of the Norseman organization. But I know them and they are approachable.
Send them an e-mail or contact them over Facebook with your idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let the waiting begin. What I can't figure out by reading the site is if you get selected do you still have the option to not accept and then they redraw names until they reach the maximum number of participants that accept the entry?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Archibald wrote:
You should change the lottery system. From the 236 lottery places, there should be maybe six or so for all the athletes who have already raced Norseman once. Just to increase the chance for the people who never started or have already tried for a couple of years and never got in. Just my two cents.

I'm not an expert but know they weight the odds along lines of Norwegians/Non-Norwegians, men, women, etc. If I remember correctly, they keep half the spots for Norwegians.

First, I think this is totally legit. It's a Norwegian race. It should be weighted for Norwegians. I would imagine the vast majority of repeats are Norwegians. So, in a sense, those (most) repeaters wouldn't be "taking away" from your chance.

I'm guessing not as many International repeaters as you'd guess. It's a very expensive endeavor when you factor in all costs. And it's a hugely challenging race. I will continue to race IMs but I don't need to go back to Norseman. :)

I have no idea if people who have raced before get any kind of preference. Knowing the egalitarian ways of Scandinavia...I'm guessing not?

I was very lucky to get a spot my very first attempt. I'm sure it is frustrating for those who've been trying for a while. The ethos of the race...plus its huge logistical challenges...will never let it expand. The downside of its rising popularity will mean that odds will only get tougher...
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard anything yet? Website says they plan to inform everyone by November 9th. Wondering if they have a multi-step process given you have two days to accept the invitation i.e. they let the initial group know and then have another list they go through if there are declines. Anyone know?
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year they said they would announce on 11/5 and did so on that date. I think it's less of a deadline and more when you can expect to hear whether or not you made it in. Good news is Norway is a few hours ahead of the states so less than 3 days until you find out!!

That being said, once slots are assigned, if anyone wants to know course secrets or get any specific training tips, please PM me. It's a course unlike any other in the world and there are certain things to focus on in training that would be invaluable on this course. I didn't sign up for 2015 (I plan to return in 2016) but would be open to helping walk anyone through the process!

Rusch Racing | website | @maggieru | Instagram
Ask me about: Alto Cycling | Cuore | Base Performance | XTERRA Wetsuits | Cadence Run Company | First Bourn. Coached by: Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [maggieru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maggieru wrote:
Last year they said they would announce on 11/5 and did so on that date. I think it's less of a deadline and more when you can expect to hear whether or not you made it in. Good news is Norway is a few hours ahead of the states so less than 3 days until you find out!!

That being said, once slots are assigned, if anyone wants to know course secrets or get any specific training tips, please PM me. It's a course unlike any other in the world and there are certain things to focus on in training that would be invaluable on this course. I didn't sign up for 2015 (I plan to return in 2016) but would be open to helping walk anyone through the process!

One unique thing about Norseman is the support crew. It is a hard job, especially if you do not know the course or have done it before.

It is hard to understand how fast athletes are biking down the last 30k, so the crew should speed ahead early at Imingfjell.
Also, the crew needs to think about food for themselves. It is a long long day.

I think 2016 has your name on it
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [maggieru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maggieru wrote:

Should I get lucky and get a slot I may just take you up on that offer. Now to continue to patiently wait....
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [csharp1171] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right there with you. Waiting away....

Anyone looking at doing Celtman or Swissman in lieu of Norseman?
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The elite selection: http://www.nxtri.com/...2015_elite_selection

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lykke til Lars Petter, and good luck to the mortals that entered the lottery!
Last edited by: Tringe: Nov 8, 14 14:17
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Stormo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lykke til!
Drammen Rules (og litt Solbergelva)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Right there with you. Waiting away....

Anyone looking at doing Celtman or Swissman in lieu of Norseman?

I intend to register for the 2019 Swissman. I know...a long time from now, but I have to space the trips. I did Powerman Zofingen this year and want to do IM Switzerland in 2016. Swissman would make the triple-Swiss or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, at least you'll have a few years to get ready for the race!

As for all of the lucky folks that received their golden ticket for Norseman, congrats. I won't be among you this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darn it, I just got the rejection email. Did anyone here get a slot?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
csharp1171 wrote:

no lottery slot for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [joesmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joesmith wrote:
csharp1171 wrote:

no lottery slot for me.
No luck here either

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no slot for me, this was 6 time trying. Maybe next year
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [firefighter33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No slot for me but I get to support for a second time. My wife got in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry you didn't make it. I hope Swissman isn't as hard to get into. And registration is still open if you want another epic triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No luck again for me this year. I knew the odds were not good but still hoped. Ah well maybe next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2015 registration is now open [tonyalta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dear Aaron
We regret to have to inform you that we are unable to accommodate you in the 2015 edition of Isklar Norseman Xtreme Triathlon.

-- Aaron Davidson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting a slot in Celtman but am not sure if I'll take it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
I ended up getting a slot in Celtman but am not sure if I'll take it.

Celtman doesn't call to me. The highlight videos from the past two years show folks so cold they can barely get out of the water or get dressed. I think the swim is the greatest challenge in that race...at least it would be for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next