Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stay with what i have or upgrade? trainer question
Quote | Reply
so i've narrowed down to the fact that i want a wahoo kickr if i were to upgrade from my KK. through the fall, winter, spring i average 4 days on the trainer. even in the summer during peak training i'm on the trainer 4-5 days (i don't like riding solo). so i'll get my monies worth whatever i buy.

i'm just trying to figure out if it makes sense. i have KK. i have ant+ on my laptop and i have a stages power meter. theoretically i can use all those online training programs and not need a kickr right?

what are my benefits?

no rear wheel/tire usage
i can ride courses and the trainer adjusts resistance and i have to adjust gearing to match
comparing my power meter to what the kickr says

what else? i want to be able to justify this purchase (as i just spent 600 bucks in rock and ice climbing ear :-/)

john
Quote Reply
Re: stay with what i have or upgrade? trainer question [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The things you listed are more than enough to allow you to realize you can never go back to having a tire on a roller. I made that switch about a year ago and haven't regretted it for a second. Black Friday was a great time to pick one up...

Head Coach Grn Mchn Multisports Coaching, LLC
http://www.grnmchnmultisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: stay with what i have or upgrade? trainer question [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get TrainerRoad for $10 a month. I just saved you $800
Quote Reply