Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [NewfieBullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow bummer i even clicked this link. At least you got a cool bike!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [NewfieBullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm kind of tired of these typesof stories in triathlon. Stories on people who have never been a drug user or a burden on society in general don't get much play because they are boring somewhat. Pay your taxes, stay out of jail and be a productive member of society for the next 50 years of your life would be more impressive to me..

No I did not read your story, they are all too similar...

Congrats to slowtwich for doing the random age group interviews.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize of course that I should not have posted this, if I were following the rules. It was fine for friends and family, however not for a public forum.

I can certainly respect a lot of the comments, and find humour in them for sure.

I am not trying to spin off of the Lionel Sanders Story. On that note, Lionel is incredible and I cannot and will not compare myself to him!
I am not looking for help or website traffic, or anything from you guys.

I simply put it out there for people to read and understand the meaning behind the story, as I previously mentioned. That's all.

Thanks for reading, and give you my sincere apologies for posting in the first place!

I appreciate the Slowtwitch community, and will be sharing a "DIY" for a swim training bench that I recently made. It's very easy to build, and costs less than $40.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [travis_lt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried reading through this and just couldn't keep going...for so many reason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't be so defensive. It's all in good fun. It's great that you're in a better spot now. Honest. Just calm down - we all have stories.

Once, when I was parallel parking, I pulled into the spot. I didn't back into it. That's where I was in the mid 80s. That's my story.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the OP the same guy that made up the trucker hat story? W

hat was the point of the drug story? You smoked weed and now are a triathlete because you got grounded? Whoa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who hasnt smoked weed?

I want my time back for reading that.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
who hasnt smoked weed?

I haven't.

I know ... I know ...

Last edited by: Jamaican: Oct 24, 14 12:09
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Drug user" and "weed" in the same sentence lmao.

Might as well throw in caffeine and chocolate.
Last edited by: Nick B: Oct 24, 14 11:58
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [espejo09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
espejo09 wrote:
who hasnt smoked weed?

Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think trucker hat dude was back on recently - so...plausible.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with a username like Jamaican I figured you would have smoked the finest green....Kidding kidding...haha you didnt miss much but the munchies, some paranoia and laughs
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [whiteandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whiteandy wrote:
I think trucker hat dude was back on recently - so...plausible.

He'll probably win the "ST Thread Of the Year" award.

He'll need to come up with a good acceptance speech so
now would be a good time for him to Google "good acceptance speeches"
so he'll be ready.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 (make that a lot of weed among other things)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL I get that all the time. Carpooling home from work one night, we all stopped to grab a bite & one co-worker pulled out a bag of cookies. Having a sweet tooth, I put back 6 of them, & I wondered why all they were all looking at me funny.
I have to say I don't remember much, but I aced my midterms that week. But I was royally pissed when time eventually sped back up to normal.

Last edited by: Jamaican: Oct 24, 14 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jamaican wrote:
espejo09 wrote:
who hasnt smoked weed?

I haven't.

I know ... I know ...

I'm with you. I haven't even tried a single cigarette. Parents smoked. I hated it so much that the idea of smoking something is nauseating. Good on the OP for kicking that demon.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing that I'm going to add is that if you have a bike sponsor in Falco, you should take down the picture of yourself on a different brand of bike from the top of the homepage on your blog.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
per the OP's request, i'm shutting down the thread. so...

one last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer. you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
mohole15 wrote:
Mr. Slaney,

You kicked one bad habit (drugs), but you sure do seem to have another, and that is anger management issues.

The good news about that is Dan is now a big fan of his.

I don't like how only one person found this comment worthy so I am bumping it.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was funny. we need a like button so we don't have to comment, just like it.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I have a thought to crowd fund....for some 'performance enhancing substances"...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I don't like how only one person found this comment worthy so I am bumping it."

let me bump that for you again, for maximum effect.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [OakCliffTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OakCliffTri wrote:
espejo09 wrote:
who hasnt smoked weed?

I take it the OP has never watched The Wire.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Oct 24, 14 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coopdog wrote:
I'm kind of tired of these typesof stories in triathlon. Stories on people who have never been a drug user or a burden on society in general don't get much play because they are boring somewhat. Pay your taxes, stay out of jail and be a productive member of society for the next 50 years of your life would be more impressive to me..

No I did not read your story, they are all too similar...

Congrats to slowtwich for doing the random age group interviews.

I can post my story if you want?

Or I'll publish it as an autobiography; Good Boy: The Staz Story.
Quote Reply

Prev Next