Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriBike Transport - Gear Bag option
Quote | Reply
The MAXIMUM allowable weight for your gear bag is 25 lbs and should be about the size of a carry-on bag (12x12x18)

Just wondering what kind of bag others used and what did you pack into it.. 12x12x18 is pretty small. Were they very strict, anyone have to pay the additional 50 bucks for going over size\weight..

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport - Gear Bag option [YO mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They responded to me thus when I asked a similar question...
Thank you for your email. That link doesn't list the dimensions of the bag, but tri/transition bags are typically fine (provided they are soft-edged and no wheels).

1.5 cubic feet refers to the three dimensions: length, width, and depth. As long as it doesn't exceed our 25 pound weight limit, your bag looks just fine.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I normally use a gym bag or transition bag. I put in my wetsuit, bottles, Co2 going out, and then coming back, i throw in the running shoes and tri kit that I won't need for a couple days until after the flight home
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw plenty of bags that violated the hell out of these dimensions when I used TBT.

I stuck to the letter of the law, but after I saw what others were doing, I wasn't worried at all about having an issue. Mine fit the requirements and was probably the smallest bag in the room.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: TriBike Transport - Gear Bag option [bufit323] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufit323 wrote:
I saw plenty of bags that violated the hell out of these dimensions when I used TBT.

I stuck to the letter of the law, but after I saw what others were doing, I wasn't worried at all about having an issue. Mine fit the requirements and was probably the smallest bag in the room.

Even if they gave specific dimensions with strict enforcement, you'd still have issues like this. Look at the airline industry and what people try to carry on.