Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Aero gains from new bar/brake setup? [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreif wrote:
desert dude wrote:
Several things from my aero eyeball, but remember most people tend to have poor aero eyeballs.

1. more aero basebar /clip ons or integrated bars. I'd also think about changing to ski tips from tose extensions. Lots to be gained here, my guess isn somewhere between 50-125gm of drag reduction.

Ski tips are faster than S bends?

ski tips are neither faster nor slower than s bends.

that said she and most others should switch to them.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Aero gains from new bar/brake setup? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Timtek wrote:
A cleaner front end would be an aero gain. As would some additional drop on the bars if she can hold the more aggressive position.

you said agressive. you get a time out.

Herbert, Jordan: please give me time out doling out abilities.

Here is a description of the aggressive aero position I am referring to: https://www.youtube.com/...?v=K8O5-mRu1wk#t=104

Todd certainly explains it better with a slow motion video presentation than I can in a text-based post.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Aero gains from new bar/brake setup? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see the video, but is the person on the bike threatening, lunching, taking risks, etc.?

If Todd is a bike fitter then he gets a time out too. He gets a longer one though because he should know better.

Timtek wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:
Timtek wrote:
A cleaner front end would be an aero gain. As would some additional drop on the bars if she can hold the more aggressive position.

you said agressive. you get a time out.

Herbert, Jordan: please give me time out doling out abilities.

Here is a description of the aggressive aero position I am referring to: https://www.youtube.com/...?v=K8O5-mRu1wk#t=104

Todd certainly explains it better with a slow motion video presentation than I can in a text-based post.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
I can't see the video, but is the person on the bike threatening, lunching, taking risks, etc.?

Though I think I get your drift that might be better worded: aggressive rider, aggressive racing, or just reckless driving rather than an aggressive aero position which seems to be widely used at this point.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: Oct 22, 14 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Aero gains from new bar/brake setup? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's no such thing as aggressive... either a position is aero, *just right*, or it's not. People need to stop using that term. It is neither aggressive nor un-aggressive. It just is. The fact that this guy keeps rolling out that trope does not reflect well on his credibilty in my mind.

Fighter pilots are aggressive, poker players are aggressive, racers are aggressive, investors are aggressive, Generals are aggressive.

Bike positions are just so, or not.

Timtek wrote:
ericM40-44 wrote:

Though I think I get your drift that might be better worded: aggressive rider, aggressive racing, or just reckless driving rather than an aggressive aero position which seems to be widely used at this point.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eric,

you need to get all over bontregor on this, as their saddle white paper calls out "aggressive" road position(as less than aero btw)
Quote Reply

Prev Next