Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bento for a shiv tri
Quote | Reply
Which bento fits shiv tri the best?
Quote Reply
Re: Bento for a shiv tri [SlammedStance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you need a bento for a Shiv tri? Just use the Fuel Cell.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Bento for a shiv tri [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I keep my spare tubular,co2 and pitstop in there. Don't like the bladder. Don't want a behind the seat bottle either. Can't use the frame mounted fuel cell because I have a bottle there.
Last edited by: SlammedStance: Oct 21, 14 5:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SlammedStance wrote:
Which bento fits shiv tri the best?

While we can't claim to be 100% objective, we think this one, the US-made Speedpack 483, fits the best:

It can mount as shown, or it can also mount partially over your fuel cell access opening (so 1-2 inches more forward than pictured). And, with our special mounting system, the Speedpack 483 is still totally secure on your top tube. No slipping, sliding, or rotation of the pack. Zero.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was my setup for IMLOU this year. I attached some magnets to the Xlab and my frame so I could open refill the bladder.[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Bento for a shiv tri [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it's held on by magnets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, and it held very well. I think I opened the bladder one maybe twice to refill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good idea. I won't be opening mine unless I flat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the official Shiv thread. There is a description of Crowie's solution posted in the past few days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll second the Dark Speed Works Speedpack 483. I mounted it back closer to seat to keep access to the fluid port. Finally gave up on my Fuel Cell after a third instance of it losing all my nutrition.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by jnielsen [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just thought I'd post my setup (nutrition and parts) that I run for IMs.

Parts: XLab Mini bag stuffed in carbon Xwing: 1 tube, 1 tire lever, 2 CO2, zipp valve extender and tool. Also 1 extra tube under saddle.
Nutrition: Using torpedo mount and Stealth Pocket, I'm able to carry all my solid nutrition I need for IM.
Stealth Pocket can't be any more drag than a water bottle up front

Last edited by: jnielsen: Oct 21, 14 14:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
This was my setup for IMLOU this year. I attached some magnets to the Xlab and my frame so I could open refill the bladder.[/img]

I use the same position for my DSW bag (right behind the cables). Using double sided tape to hold it in place. I don't use the bladder though (just a BTA bottle).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply