Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar?
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to get some feedback before I make the purchase. At $100 dollar it seems like a pretty sweet set up for the dollar. Also, I'll be running Di2 on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked one of these up so I thought I'd bump this post with feedback. First, the thing is no where to be found stateside, so I ordered it from Germany.

I bought it because it's clamp section is a little narrower than most of the competition, it has flat handholds, has a nice aero shape, and internal cable routing.

It's not as downs loped or forward swept as some of the pictures make it look, which is a good thing. Honestly, the basebar market right now is a little thin in my opinion. Lots of okay options but not a lot of good options. Most manufacturers have a really wide clamp area, and the aero sections don't look great.

The handholds actually are sloped up at 10 degrees which is a cool features. The cable routing has slots for older style brake levers. It weighed 248 grams. The skinny part of the basebar wing is about 17x48mm.

I'll try and get some pictures, but all in all, I considered every alloy basebar, and some of the lower priced carbon, and I didn't think anything looked nicer for the money.

I have no idea about di2 though.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking to upgrade my basebar myself, what exact store did you get it from?
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike24

It was the only place I could find it. I think it was around $70 after shipping. They sent it the day after I ordered and it arrived 8 days later, though 5 of those were in customs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great, looking forward to some pics if you can manage them
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snapped some as I installed. Need to make some changes to the setup but here you go

http://tinypic.com/...amp;s=8#.VReLiBhHarU
http://tinypic.com/...amp;s=8#.VReKCBhHarU
http://tinypic.com/...amp;s=8#.VReMKxhHarV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome pics! thanks...how do they feel? do they vibrate a lot of rougher surfaces? I have Zupp Vuka Aero but am switching to Di2 soon so I can't use the bar anymore. Really loved these Vukas so I want to make sure I choose the right aerobar. I also agree that the aerobar market is thin!
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They feel good. As you can see, I forwent bar tape to start, and just put a little cloth tape for grip and it's been good so far on a few rides, I've never been a great feel for little perceptions between parts like vibration between two frames or the like.

However, I would think an extra strip of bar tape along the top would take out more vibrations than alloy to carbon.

One last thing, you can't really see in the pictures, but the cable exit is very nice, right on the back of the bar near the center clamp section. Not on the bottom as you see from lots of bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How wide is the clamping section on this bar?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did a lot of digging to find this thread. I realize it’s from years ago, but I am wondering if you still use this base bar today.

I’m in the market and want to stick with aluminum.

Debating between:
pro missile alloy hydroformed

Felt bayonett 3 alloy

Differences if any?

Can’t find much in the pro base bar or a view on the cable route exiting the bar on the bayonett.

Thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [dcolv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like to prescribe this basebar to my fit clients as a low cost way of cleaning up an unaerodynamic OEM cockpit.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I like to prescribe this basebar to my fit clients as a low cost way of cleaning up an unaerodynamic OEM cockpit.

That was my main reason for going with the Pro - didn't want to drop a bunch of $ on replacing a Profile Wing T2 basebar and T2+ extensions, so I got the Pro Missile Alloy and PD T4 extensions.

The Pro helped clean up the cabling and front end a lot, it's 4cm narrower than the PD it replaced but I try not to spend too much time on the bullhorns anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [dcolv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcolv wrote:
pro missile alloy hydroformed
Felt bayonett 3 alloy
Differences if any?

The only bad thing about the Felt is the 120mm round section. I think it's ~100mm on the Pro. The Felt bar aero section is ~18mm thick near the center and ~15mm near the brakes. Cable exit is out the rear of the wing like the Pro.

The full Bayonet 3 aerobar is really nice BTW. Probably the best (aero, adjustable) clipon made.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pics of your cockpit setup using the pro missile? I’m riding a 2013 P2 with the PD T2 wing. I’d like to see how much it cleans up the cockpit before I purchase. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id be interested in some pics as well, however I have a 2017 PRThree. Prob same as everyone else's standard stock base bar and extensions - T2 and T4 alloy. I have seen the Svet TT (44cm) on sale dirt cheap in white but IDK what exactly makes these better than others so I am always hesitant to grab something on a whim for fear I will buy something shitty compared to something else.

I actually overthink things like this a lot to where I may post a thread exploring where people learn about the differences in componentry

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone use the Pro Missile Alloy basebar? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
Do you have any pics of your cockpit setup using the pro missile? I’m riding a 2013 P2 with the PD T2 wing. I’d like to see how much it cleans up the cockpit before I purchase. Thanks!

I don't, but I'll take some tonight or tomorrow and post them.
Quote Reply