So where do you apply the sticky pad?
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant extension not aerobar; sorry
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not following you. Where does the single pad go?
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sticky pad to attach magnet...see my pic above...I guess I actually stuck it to the mount right between the bottle and extension.
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hans,

Did you ever cut the bridge so you could position the Aero 30 next to the head tube? Pics please?

I am ready to buy the Aero 30 for my P5-6 but I would like to see the mod first. Main reason being is that if you cut into the so called "bridge" their is no going back, and I would permanently lose the capability to re-mount the stock BTA feature.

Thanks................

Ted Striker wrote:
Here ya go. I want to cut off the computer mount bridge between the extensions. Then I can get right up to the head tube. This is the Aero 20 and a bad pic of the P5 with the Aero 30[/url][/img][/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [D.K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi D.K.

I did not cut the bridge on mine. I might have Zach Boring doing a mod for me as he has with his "P3-6," which brought the 30 right next to the head tube.

Here is the official response I did receive from one of Cervelo's engineers as I'm sure they will not mind me spreading this info.

"While the computer / water bottle mount bridge is not strictly structural, it as an integral part of the bar and all EN / CPSC testing was performed with it in place. We could only officially approve removal of the bridge of we repeated all the safety testing with it not in place and there were no issues - but this has not been done.

As a result, we cannot approve cutting of that piece and the consequences to the structural integrity of the entire bar system are not known."

So, I would say....don't do it. The Aero 30 close is still fast, however may just not give a negative drag benefit like we have seen when tested against the head tube of many frames.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Hans,

I will do the Aero 30 mod.
I went to order the black version on your website just now and it is currently sold out. After a search, I could not find any black ones. Are you going to have a shipment soon?

Will the next batch be the alluded to "new improved version" with the new straw and so forth?

Thanks again........
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [D.K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi DK,

We should have the black 20s and 30s in about 3 weeks. For the next version of the 30 we will have more info about this soon on our FB page.

Cheers,

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Torhans AeroZ looks intriguing [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
which non thorans brackets would support the AeroZ?
Need one but I'm in the UK and it's really hard to find it here. If ordering the original from the USA it would probably take a lot of time and would need to pay import taxes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Have you found an optimal extension width for purposes of maximizing the benefits of the AeroZ?

Alternatively, is there a width that begins to create a penalty?

Scott
Quote Reply

Prev Next