Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are any bars in NYC showing Kona?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know of a bar in NYC that's going to have the live broadcast going? Between spending most of my paycheck on triathlon and the rest of my paycheck on a coffin sized apartment, I've no money left over for cable...

If anyone knows how to get NBC sports to work on Apple TV, that would most helpful too.

Thanks!

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Are any bars in NYC showing Kona? [Slickfins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you sure NBC sports is showing it live? That would be a 10 hour broadcast, which would be too long for cable TV in my opinion. But what do I know?

I watch it streaming from the Ironman Website from my iMac, which I hook up to my big screen TV and just let it play the whole day.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You may find it in a bar - but not live

Far as a I know only streaming and not sure if they will do the 2 hour broadcast in Nov or back to the regular schedule middle of Christmas holiday shopping Doldrum-Cast
Quote Reply
Re: Are any bars in NYC showing Kona? [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paxfobiscum wrote:
Are you sure NBC sports is showing it live? That would be a 10 hour broadcast, which would be too long for cable TV in my opinion. But what do I know?

I watch it streaming from the Ironman Website from my iMac, which I hook up to my big screen TV and just let it play the whole day.

Also pretty sure it's just the online stream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a PowerBar joke in there someplace, but I'm not gonna go looking for ir

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Are any bars in NYC showing Kona? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, for some reason I had it in my head they were doing a live broadcast all day on NBC Sports..

I guess I'll see if I can hook my computer up to the TV somehow to stream it.

Cheers,

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You didn't ask for advice specifically, but your vagueness about hooking up to the TV "somehow" leads me to comment:

An Apple TV if you have a Mac or a Google Chromecast if you're a PC guy are the quick and easy ways to accomplish this.
Quote Reply
Re: Are any bars in NYC showing Kona? [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I have an appletv, didn't know you could stream directly from your computer to that box.

Much obliged...

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, piece of cake from a Mac to AppleTV. It's called Airplay.
Quote Reply
Re: Are any bars in NYC showing Kona? [mstyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, Cannibal (amazing beer bar on 29th on the East Side) was happy to put on the Asia Pacific Champs and the 70.3 world champs last night. It was a good time!

I also go to luge Scotch out of the empty bone marrow bone when I was done eating it. I feel like that would have made Ben Greenfield proud.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started out thinking had no $ for cable when I lived in NYC. Just got to a bar and watch sports. Then I started adding up bar taps. It was MUCH cheaper to get cable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should also check out their location @ the Gotham West Market on 11th &45th. That place is great, the owner is a huge cycling nut.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply