Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [sbutler96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sbutler96 wrote:
Liz Kollar

Meant the "Too Long, Didn't Watch" version on this. What did she say?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was just blah blah. Just posted to point out who she is, Director of Athlete Development and Communications World Triathlon Corporation
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [M Ernst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got off the phone with athlete services and the Ironman representative indicated neither kansas nor saint louis are having a 70.3 event in 2015. So, whatever that means......
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mrenieri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race was pulled from Kansas with the expectation that it would be an easy move over to St. Louis. However, there were some problems getting all the necessary municipalities to sign off on the course and, let's not forget, that St. Louis had some less than flattering rioting in the last few months. Regardless of the fact that the area of conflict is nowhere near the race site, the PR wasn't exactly going in a direction that IM or St. Louis really felt was ideal. There will be no IM 70.3 in St. Louis in 2015, but there is an oral agreement (for whatever that's worth) in place for 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mfisch69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booo. This was basically a gift to me as a prep for IMWI next year, since I live in the STL area.

Guess I'll be doing the Tour de Cure Century ride instead now. It would've been the Saturday before the "proposed" date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty bummed about Ironman Kansas 70.3 being canceled. I cut my teeth on that one and raced it 6 years in a row. Now there is not an Ironman branded event within a 9 hour drive of Kansas City. I certainly race non-WTC events too, but I also like racing IM events. Looks like a cool race called the Legends Tri in Lawrence on June 6-ish to replace Kansas. Even has a 100 mile race (2 mile swim, 80 bike & 18 mile run). Hopefully STL will happen in 2016.

John Snyder @URNotAsCoolAsMe
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel exactly the same way about Kansas. I think there were only two of us left that had raced it all 7 times...that happened at Branson as well, raced it all 3 times and it went TU, too....
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mfisch69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a bummer. I had planned on Kansas, then St. Louis, now neither will happen. They shouldn't have killed Kansas until St. Louis was a sure thing.

I guess it'll be Buffalo Springs again.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [Snyderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on up to IM 70.3 Steelhead! Great race and a good tune up for IM Wisconsin! Z
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone still want to swim in Creve Coeur lake after seeing this?

http://www.cnn.com/...ying-carp-feat-irpt/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [gwaveswims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone heard anything on this, is it completely dead or is it just on life support?

Edit to say dead for 2015, but wondering about 2016
Last edited by: mclousing: Jun 16, 15 10:59
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mclousing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mclousing wrote:
Has anyone heard anything on this, is it completely dead or is it just on life support?

Edit to say dead for 2015, but wondering about 2016

I'm wondering the same thing. Any scuttlebut?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [mclousing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be nice to know for 2016's plans!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [M Ernst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet that the issues with Creve Coeur Lake would be a huge roadblock for this - at least how it was being planned.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [imsoulrebel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing on Ironman.com. I too wonder if 2016 will happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came across this website today...

http://stlouistriathlon.com/event-info

Looks like a sprint/oly test event maybe? or perhaps they have given up on the 70.3 idea and are just going to do shorter races. They picked a crappy weekend, another local oly has been the weekend before Memorial day for the last couple of years at least. Why do RDs like to stack races on the same weekend? Hopefully Gateway will move their event up or back.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that we're into 2016, is there any scuttlebutt going around in St. Louis about this long-rumored race? One would think that If it were going to be held this summer, we would have heard something by now. (I don't hold out much hope, especially with the recent cancellation of other WTC races.)

Has anybody heard anything?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard anything.

Maybe the guys who are hosting the St. Louis Triathlon this spring are hoping they can evolve the race/course to the 70.3 distance and sell to WTC. I am speculating with no real background.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been getting emails from them every couple weeks. It's happening May 22. olympic distance and i think a sprint distance also. I think the website has all the details
Last edited by: karbon phiber: Jan 7, 16 14:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Now that we're into 2016, is there any scuttlebutt going around in St. Louis about this long-rumored race? One would think that If it were going to be held this summer, we would have heard something by now. (I don't hold out much hope, especially with the recent cancellation of other WTC races.)

Has anybody heard anything?

Sorry for quick derailment - I see you do not have the Ogre 150 on your race calendar April 30. Just a heads up.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Ironman 70.3 - St. Louis [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for letting me knowing about the OGRE. I haven't see Dan since summer, when he told me he wanted to bring it back in 2016. I'll put it on the calendar.
Quote Reply

Prev Next