Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit/size question: Cont 4000's on Zipp 808 on P2
Quote | Reply
Quick fit question: will Cont GP 4000's 700x25 fit properly on Zipp 808 mounted on a '13 Cervélo P2?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Fit/size question: Cont 4000's on Zipp 808 on P2 [m3bella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the wheels, but I put Conti GP 4000 25's on my p2(2012). I don't know if the frame is different but i did have issues with the larger tire. The front didn't fit, period. The tire rubbed against the bottom of the fork. I didn't realize this was happening until i was 10 miles from home, so I had to make due. I managed to position the skewer slightly lower in the fork to stop the rubbing. I wasn't excited about that but it got me through the ride, but after that I bought a 23 of the same tire.

I had initial issues with the rear as well due to the larger tire. The tire rubbed against the frame. This was an easier fix as I was able to just slide the skewer position back a hair. After the ride I adjusted the little screws in there and that was fine. Raced Louisville like that with no problems. 23 up front ,25 in the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: Fit/size question: Cont 4000's on Zipp 808 on P2 [TriDadInAvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDadInAvl wrote:
I don't know about the wheels, but I put Conti GP 4000 25's on my p2(2012). I don't know if the frame is different but i did have issues with the larger tire. The front didn't fit, period. The tire rubbed against the bottom of the fork.

The seller said the same thing. I'm not sure what bike he rides but he said they rubbed on the frame slightly. Thanks for the confirmation!
Quote Reply