Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotating Newtons in your shoe lineup
Quote | Reply
Wondering if people out there that rotate shoes have Newtons in their rotation. Seems like a really different shoe and different feel compared to most typical shoes. I've only run in one pair at the running store so don't have a ton of experience with them. Right now I've got Kinvaras, PI Road N0 and Hoka Conquests in my rotation but looking to add to the stable and Newtons intrigue me.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotating Newtons in your shoe lineup [roacher78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the Newton route a while back and although I liked them didn't notice any huge improvement in my speed or my efficency. I liked them but not enought to justify the extra$$ Since then went back to my Saucony Guides but still do mix in my pair of Motion S with no problems at all. FWIW, I never have had any real foot issues and am a overpronator with pretty flat feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was curious about the Newton hype, so I got some of last year's Newton Distance at 6pm for $44. I've been rotating them in after I started using them on my shortest runs. I wear some Asics Gel Lyte 33 on long runs, and now rotate in the Newtons, PI Iso Transition, and Zoot Kiawe on other runs. The Newtons seem alright. They felt a little odd on the first couple runs, but I got used to them pretty quickly and don't notice any difference in how my legs feel after running in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're interested in improving your run economy, I would say yes. The end goal could be moving to a flat, especially if you buy into 'natural running' , 'chirunning' or 'pose'. Really, Newtons have a lot to offer! Especially with the 3 series released, some very quality updates have been made. The price tag is a little steep. They fit true to size, and with their design fit is very important.

How much running have you done in your kinvara shoes? They're 4mm drop and an excellent running shoe to transition to a lower drop ( assuming you have good run form and a neutral shoe is for you ).

The Distance 3, really is more of a trainer/LD shoe. It is 2-3mm drop and a safe choice to try if you really like your kinvaras.

MV3 is their racing flat, it is extremely light with a higher arch, and zero drop. This would be a solid choice if you like the feel of Newtons. In comparison to other racing flats, they weigh less and have ground feel with a more narrow toe than say Altra or Skecher. The price tag is certainly higher.

I don't run marathons or above, so I have zero interest in the Gravity 3. I can tell you what reviews have told me, it's a heavier shoe and doesn't bring much else to the table over the distance 3.

There is something to be said for race speed and appropriate shoe choice. What purpose do you want a newton shoe to fulfill?

If you want a great shoe that is similiar to kinvara, Brooks Pure Flow 3 is a solid option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've added them to my rotation just like any other shoe that I liked. Currently rotating Newton Energy with Brooks Launch as my easy and distance trainer, and a Newton Elite with Saucony Type A4, Pearl Izumi N1 and an assortment of racing flats for quicker running. I like the feel of the lugs, but I like the "rocker" type motion of the PI and the flexibility of the Saucony, too.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply