Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
The lab numbers increased for both high altitude groups, but 5km race times were only improved in the live high-train lows (over a span of a couple months).

this is why the solution is not an altitude tent but to live high and train with oxygen, like they do at the OTC.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking allowed. Could a mask modify both?
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An IRON lung.

Thought of that 2 seconds after I pushed the reply button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, easier said than done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to work on a helmet which can be used to support negative pressure and is connected to air supply with reduced gas levels. This will stimulate both factors of altitude living.

Now I will go to the garage and gather up an old motor bike helmet and some duct tape.
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work fast.
It may make the internet today.
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

Using a altitude tent is considered doping in some countries like Norway and if you use it you will be banned from all sport and organized training for 2 years.
So it is not legal everywhere.

Someone was telling me that Sky are trying to get there riders to take multiple 20 minutes naps a day to increase HGH. I wonder if Norway will outlaw taking a nap?

Seriously though, it seems like the sports governing bodies should try to stick to "organic" methods of improving performance. Whether an altitude tent should be banned is a tough call.
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:

I assume they also banned use of any form of home heating and/or cooling to simulate other natural environments? Wouldn't want people to be tempted into those "gray areas" to get ready for competition someplace hotter or colder than Norway. ([/i]Is there any place colder?)

I think you're on to something. WADA should institute an environmental passport similar to the biological one where they monitor the athletes environmental conditions. With all the wearable fitness devices available now, it would be cheap and easy to monitor the temperature, pressure, RH the athlete is experiencing. Then they could correlate that data with weather data from their location (easily available from their ADAMS input) to make sure there are no unexplained large deviations between the two.

Next step, nutritional passports.
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Someone was telling me that Sky are trying to get there riders to take multiple 20 minutes naps a day to increase HGH.

If they are, they're barking up the wrong tree (hormone/mechanism-wise...nothng wrong w/ a good nap!).
Quote Reply
Re: hypoxic tents and epo [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asgelle wrote:
Andrew Coggan wrote:

I assume they also banned use of any form of home heating and/or cooling to simulate other natural environments? Wouldn't want people to be tempted into those "gray areas" to get ready for competition someplace hotter or colder than Norway. ([/i]Is there any place colder?)

I think you're on to something. WADA should institute an environmental passport similar to the biological one where they monitor the athletes environmental conditions. With all the wearable fitness devices available now, it would be cheap and easy to monitor the temperature, pressure, RH the athlete is experiencing. Then they could correlate that data with weather data from their location (easily available from their ADAMS input) to make sure there are no unexplained large deviations between the two.

Next step, nutritional passports.

We can make things even easier: just insert a GPS chip under the athlete's skin, so you know where they are at all times. Then if they stray outside of their pre-designated whereabouts location to try to acclimate to altitude/heat/cold, boom! 2 y ban...
Quote Reply

Prev Next