Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
The trek guys are pretty saavy, they had a realtime CdA measurement system in place from Alpha Mantis, I think they can handle keeping an SRM zeroed.

However, 378 does look like enough power to do it at a CdA of .21 or so, which I think should be possible on a track bike.

However 412 is equally plausible, if he cda was just a tiny bit higher.

So who knows!

Xavier wrote:

As he was using road wireless SRMs on a track bike all sorts of things could have happened to kill the offset, especially in the gate and his slightly juddery start.
You can't adjust an SRM's (or any power meter's) zero while pedalling, and in particular on a fixed gear bike when you can't coast. Which is why you should plug for an SRM Track Science model, as they are rock solid for fixed gear work.
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [Watt Matters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is that they had to use a road crank since a track crank wouldn't have cleared the frame. Had shimano machine custom cogs to deal with the non standard chainline too.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair against Sosenka, Jens should have ridden on his famous yellow bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Since you were in the know, do you know why Chris used those slow Corima quad spokes rather than dual disks? The Barecelona pursuit was on single disk and the "slow" Mavic tri spoke:

It surprised me at the time. Sponsors perogative I guess, Boardman and Keen did plenty of tests beforehand. Just checked a magazine from the time and there's a picture of Boardman warming up with teammate Paul Jennings who is also on a Corima but his does have a rear disc. By the World Track Champs at Hamar Boardman and pretty much everyone except Obree was on double discs, Barcelona in 1992 was an open air track hence the trispoke front.
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Francois, not sure i ever saw that one. It must have been mandatory to wear a shirt and cycling shorts, but man those were some slow transitions, even for that time period. Loved Bevan running barefoot, i did the same thing years earlier in Germany in a duathlon, only i ran it on the asphalt!!!. Announcer went crazy, all i could hear is ferruct american ish laughen barfoos!!!! ( roughly translates crazy american is running barefoot!! Ended up winning by 4 seconds too, so was worth every blister and scab...
Last edited by: monty: Sep 21, 14 21:14
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJ8EkAIODo

Blast from the past.

Brilliant. I've never seen that before. As a fellow Queenslander it was brilliant seeing Brad Beven run barefoot. There's a fairly good chance Brad never wore shoes at school so not that big a deal for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello ianpeace and All,

http://www.gizmag.com/...-hour-cycling/19497/

Cheers,

Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Jens Voigt One Hour Record LIVE NOW!!! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
boardman didn't have his forearms totally level either.
I think it may be hard to hold a level forearm position around the banking.
Boardman using the long drop section of the bars to partly support his forearms.

Quote Reply

Prev Next