Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [ontheuptick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow if I am not wrong you can get Thorsten's Kona report at http://www.trirating.com/
It is the best source for information about the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FVL, not LVL.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
If the winds are light.... are we seeing the course records fall for male and female? OR will the men still bike too hard, too run that fast?

Will they bike too hard? Early of course they will. Then they will way too fast out of transition.
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Starky will take the bike record if the weather cooperates. I Rinny wins, it'll be on a course record day. I think the only way the coveted marathon record falls is if both Jacobs and Frodeno are in contention headed into T2. The overall course record for the men would have to mean a perfect day, but it's not unthinkable. I think the people capable of the course record would be Frodeno and Van Lierde. I'm afraid Marino's best days may be behind him, plus he's never been able to really have the perfect race on the big island.

Hmmm, Marino sounds like Macca. Marino will get it right. If you saw him in Whistler you wouldn't say his best days are behind him. I am not sure Starky can ride with Marino. As for conditions, last year was one of the easiest days in History, look for a tough one (I hope) this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
I'm curious, why does the bike need to be slow for Frodeno? Only Sanders and Colom out paced him on the bike at in 70.3 WC. He was only 2 minutes off Keinle at Oceanside, but that's pretty good since he was 3-1/2 minutes ahead of him out of the water.... in only 1.2 miles. Potts was right on him, but ran 2 minutes slower.

Considering he had 3 flats in Frankfurt think he rode equal to LVL (Keinle was in a different world on the bike in that race) and then ran 6 minutes into him... on a hot day going 2:43.

I'm thinking more and more than Frodeno and Keinle are really dangerous.

How about this for an epic race... Kienle sets the bike course record and hits T2 with Starky and possibly Potts in tow with a big gap on the rest of the field, then runs a ridiculous 2:46 to hold off Frodeno, LVL, Jacobs & Crowie all running record run splits giving chase and get within 10 seconds at the line.... another Louisville finish. The med tent could be full of the top 4-5 male pros. Almost gives me chills thinking about how awesome that finish would be.

Might even make best of the week on ESPN if they started throwing elbows and stiff arms.

Ummmm since when has Potts road in the front end of this race? I hope your right but don't see any chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
Considering he had 3 flats in Frankfurt think he rode equal to LVL (Keinle was in a different world on the bike in that race) and then ran 6 minutes into him... on a hot day going 2:43.

That's what's dangerous about Kienle. He can be in that different world and still run. His variable will be the swim and, to a degree, the wind. IMO, a windy day plays to the uber-bikers.

mrw42976 wrote:
aerobean wrote:
Starky will take the bike record if the weather cooperates. I Rinny wins, it'll be on a course record day. I think the only way the coveted marathon record falls is if both Jacobs and Frodeno are in contention headed into T2. The overall course record for the men would have to mean a perfect day, but it's not unthinkable. I think the people capable of the course record would be Frodeno and Van Lierde. I'm afraid Marino's best days may be behind him, plus he's never been able to really have the perfect race on the big island.

Hmmm, Marino sounds like Macca. Marino will get it right. If you saw him in Whistler you wouldn't say his best days are behind him. I am not sure Starky can ride with Marino. As for conditions, last year was one of the easiest days in History, look for a tough one (I hope) this year.

Starky has a huge engine.
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts didnt race last year and made some huge gains on the bike the last 2 years. In particular, his position.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
It seems like the guys who win at Kona are all 6 feet 150-160 pounds. A 6'4" guy like Frodeno winning would certainly be an outlier, but he is incredibly lean.

Peter Reid won Kona x3 and came second three times as well at what, 6'2" or 6'3"? So there is some precedence of tall guys having success there.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [ontheuptick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one that wants to see Starky win and have Messick give him first place award and check? Will Starky bring his own Big Check?
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [dansd2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dansd2001 wrote:
Am I the only one that wants to see Starky win and have Messick give him first place award and check? Will Starky bring his own Big Check?

Real or fake Starky?
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
dansd2001 wrote:

Real or fake Starky?

That's a hard question to answer since TheRealStarky is fake......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Tomorrow if I am not wrong you can get Thorsten's Kona report at http://www.trirating.com/
It is the best source for information about the race.

+1. I just read it and it's fantastic. His "Odds" section list and accompanying text is similar to mine (p.2 of this thread). In contrast to that, his prediction model shows Raelert at #2 and Frommhold at #3 and I just don't see that.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
FVL, not LVL.

Sorry, realized later I had that wrong.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Early KONA Pro Race Thoughts & Favorites [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'd be surprised to see that too. Andreas just seems to be in a funk at the moment. Can't wait for the race!
Quote Reply

Prev Next