Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will get a better one soon.

Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet, that turned out nice. What basebar are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [Herbie Handcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a pair of TriRig Alpha for about half price then tuned them with black ti bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks so stealth......I like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am happy with the outcome and now thinking that the bars, extensions, cranks and post might get the same treatment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sandblasting is known, but that should not be suitable for carbon frames. What I read about however, is "Sodablasting", with magnificent results on carbon frames. You need a company who does that though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man now I'm picturing how my P3C would look done that way with my stealth Hed 9 and Renn disc. Like how you've gone with the top tube mod for gear cables, that's going to look tidy with the Sigma stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah! If do do the bars, post and crank as well that would be the first time ever I would see a complete matte bike.........
Last edited by: Jimster: Dec 21, 14 3:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting!

great work, I would agree with at least the seat post…though if you are not sick of the process then 100% matte black would be killer.

Cheers,
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [Jimster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A zillion years ago during the previous Day-Glo color fad period (never throw anything away - it WILL come back into style) I stripped and powder coated a Trek 1100 tri bike set up in total matte black. I then bead blasted every piece of the Ultegra groupo so that it was a soft matte gray. No decals/logos and four spoke Spynergy carbon wheels (which were exotic at the time) gave it look very much the stealth look that is so commercially popular now. It was gorgeous and a real eye catcher in a time of bright shiny colored bikes. I'm sorry to say someone broke into my wife's locked car where it was under a blanket in the back seat and stole it. It probably ended it's days with a rattle can paint job running down to the 7-11 for a forty in a paper sack instead of going back to Kona.
Anyway, the P2 project has turned out fantastic -well done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EDIT: apologies, I found the answer in detail on another thread. Thanks for the info you posted over there. This is the link, if anyone else is interested in how that was done..
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5282360#5282360

BMANX .. would you mind elaborating on how exactly you have routed the shifter cables through the top tube. Understand the drilling bit, not sure about what combo of cable stops and liner to use to terminate the outer and then protect the inner past the top tube/down tube junction. I've been looking at the "Cody Beals Method" but there is a bit of drilling out to get the ferrules to fit in the cable stops, wonder if there is an easier way. An alternative is the original Tririg method where you cut a section of liner the full length, but not keen.

I seem to recall seeing your post on another thread doing something clever with a flexible noodle kind of fixing, and wonder how you did that?

Appreciate any help!

Thanks,
Rich.
Last edited by: knighty76: Jan 27, 15 3:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's nice. I got a P2C frame repainted, it was all battered when I got it so I sawed off the mech hanger and turned it into a pursuit/fixed gear TT frame. I have someone who paints frames for me in the UK and we didn't strip the paint all the way down to the carbon as it would have been such a stress! The paintjob is the Beijing Olympic colour scheme that the Danish team pursuit team used on their T3s, and the same as other Cervelo sponsored athletes from those Olympics.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh missed the pics, this came out great!

It is also not helping to stop my desire to strip my gloss carbon bike down and doing a satin clear on it at all..
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This project has taken a back seat for now while I wait for a few items to arrive and while I sort out a new home purchase. Also picked up a new car and started to tune it so my time has been put into that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh nice A3! I have a black on black 06 myself.

If you have any questions on tuning it shoot me a PM.. it's my day job :)
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the Quattro S-Line and was almost impossible to find the 3.2l version. So far K&N CAI, new grill, new side markers, debadged, black emblems and blacked out rims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
This is the Quattro S-Line and was almost impossible to find the 3.2l version. So far K&N CAI, new grill, new side markers, debadged, black emblems and blacked out rims.

I love them in white with black contrasting bits especially with the S line bumper. I wanted a white one but I also needed/wanted mine ASAP so I basically told the dealer the first one to arrive in a manual with black interior is mine (April of 05 had one of the first 150 sold in the US). Mine is a 2.0t and before I hydrolocked the last engine in a flash flood it was running a GT3582R and making over 600hp :)... new engine whenever I finally build it will be a little more tame, 400-450ish probably.

Engine and DSG software will really waken that 3.2 up, the power is still climbing on them even stock when it hits the shift point of the trans so increasing the shift point with the DSG software and engine software that has a slightly higher rev limit they scream!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK I need to talk to you about this car. lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
Engine and DSG software will really waken that 3.2 up, the power is still climbing on them even stock when it hits the shift point of the trans so increasing the shift point with the DSG software and engine software that has a slightly higher rev limit they scream!

I did this to my 09 tdi Jetta and it is incredible how much better it shifts. I did Unitronic DSG and engine tune. A little faster and more powerful, but the best was the improvement in transmission shift quality and timing.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Project. Cervelo P2 Paint Removal. Removal thoughts needed. [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
mrtopher1980 wrote:

I did this to my 09 tdi Jetta and it is incredible how much better it shifts. I did Unitronic DSG and engine tune. A little faster and more powerful, but the best was the improvement in transmission shift quality and timing.

My 2012 TDI sportwagen is a manual so no DSG software but that engine is a blast for what it is with a tune (DPF delete even better but not remotely legal so we won't discuss that). So many other cars I want but I just can't give up this engine/car. Waiting impatiently for the Golf Alltrak with the updated TDI engine, but will probably have to go DSG that time looks like no manual.

We have a prototype bolt on turbo for the 2.0 CR TDI from Borg Warner which should do about 250hp! Going on another car right now then hopefully mine in a few months.
Quote Reply

Prev Next