Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [Beanster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swim. Plenty of endurance but no speed. I didn't learn to swim competitively until my 30s so yeah.

Strongest usually bike. Last year strongest was running. I ran a LOT at the expense of bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim is my weakest based on ranking of each finish time. I'm usually in the 65% group on the swim, 25% on the bike, 50% on the run.

However, I feel that I go super slow on the swim to conserve energy for the rest. I easily make up the small time difference in the transitions and on the bike for a finish around 35 - 40% rank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swim, then Run which kind of pisses me off because I was running for fitness to lose weight for years before riding. But my cycling just developed way faster than my run did. The swim though, I need a lot of work and time to put in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based solely on results from a recent sprit I'd say swim. Out of 160 racers I was 39th in swim, 10th on the bike and 11th on the run.

However, I fared much better in my swim placement relative to the field in my last 70.3.

So I'm a slow swimmer with good endurance?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on the distance.

SPRINT - weakest is run, strongest is bike
IM - weakest is bike, strongest is run

Doesn't make much sense to me (other than assuming my bike endurance sucks and my run endurance is good)
Quote Reply
Re: Poll: Weakest leg? [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3?

Quote | Reply
Swim is always my weakest.

Run is generally the strongest. Which is weird, because in standalone running or biking, my biking is quite a bit stronger. Guess that either I'm better at pacing the bike than most people and/or I have better endurance, or my body is just better at running off the bike or something. Only time my bike is stronger than my run is in sprints, or on really tough, hilly bike courses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next