Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Question on IM Bike Splits
Quote | Reply
HI !

I was wondering if there are anymore splits for the bike portion of an IM, specifically Lake Placid, then the 56 mile mark and the finish of 112 miles. I think I ran over some timing pads at different spots throughout the course and now am wondering if I can access those splits. On the IM website and Sportsstats.com it doesn't have anymore bike splits then those. I do see that all the run splits are there on the IM website though.

Just wondering! Thanks guys!

Sorry just editing that I do not have a Garmin or anything to track my times.
Last edited by: justbreathe: Aug 23, 14 17:39
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [justbreathe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
During the race, ironmanlive will have splits as you go under the athlete tracker section. The distance isn't standardized between every split for every race, but it'll give you a better idea of your speed on different sections. It's up for at least a couple days after the race normally; click on your name to see the info.
Last edited by: triflorida: Aug 23, 14 17:46
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought there was something like that, but I don't have any of those splits and never saw them. Anybody know if there is a possibility of access to them?

Thanks triflorida
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry just hoping someone may have some more information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry again, anybody know how to get the bike tracking splits from an Ironman ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justbreathe wrote:
Sorry again, anybody know how to get the bike tracking splits from an Ironman ?

I'm not sure they get saved. They are on the live tracker for maybe 24-48 hours at most. So you'd probably have to save that screen image.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could be mistaken, but I thought that SportStats posted that due to the weather issues at IMLP this year there was some trouble with the splits at the far end of the course. Not sure though, but I remember when I did IMLP last year there was more splits available, not just 56/112.

I just did Mont Tremblant and there were numerous splits which were available on the results page for a couple of days.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are still there. Some of the really old ones are gone, but the last time I looked a lot of the splits from 2010/2011 are still in the tracker.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced in the 2014 Lake Placid, so just last month, and my bike splits have never been up. At least not within a few days of the race, when I checked.

SO I guess there is no way to access them ?

Thanks for the input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just as others have pointed out, the minor splits within the bike/run are not usually displayed very long. And that is for finishers - if you are DQ'd (and maybe DNF's as well?) your splits are immediately wiped (within 24 h). (Or so I found with results for IM Sweden)

Therefore, I now make it my plan to grab my nearest internet device, pull up my results, and capture a screen shot right away.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not DQ'd or anything of that nature. I would just like my splits. All my running splits were loaded for the entire month of August. I don't understand why the bike ones were not available. Its seems like there is no database that holds them. Thanks for the input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oops, my apologies. I should have more accurately written "if one were DQ'd, ...". I didn't mean to imply that might be your problem.

This won't make you feel any better, but my splits did not show properly for either run of my first two IM races (LP and WI) - neither during the event nor any time afterward. It seems there are sometimes hiccups in the timing. Actually, based on following a few of these races over the years, it seems there are always hiccups in the timing. It's just a craps shoot on whether or not it affects data you're interested in.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the IronTrac app for iphone. It has all the splits for every bib for every race. PM or reply with your name/bib and I will see if the detail is on there. I think they charge 1.00 a year for the app download.

Hope this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justbreathe wrote:
I raced in the 2014 Lake Placid, so just last month, and my bike splits have never been up. At least not within a few days of the race, when I checked.

SO I guess there is no way to access them ?

Thanks for the input.

This is what SportStats(the company that timed the event) posted on the thread talking about IMLP swim shortened, and it appears to have been posted during the race.

sportstats

Jul 27, 14 8:06

Post #22 of 171 (8091 views)
Re: IMLP Swim Shortened? [out at the line] [In reply to]Quote | Reply

Mile 30/86 we have not GSM connection, even with a cell booster at that location and the stormy weather.

Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I hope someone might have some information.

Following the previous post. Yes, sportsstats has the TOTAL time for each individual leg for both the Shortened IMLP race and the Full IMLP race. I finished the swim way before people were taken out of the water. The swim is irrelevant to my question which is..... How come I could never see the splits for my 112 mile bike, while the splits for my Run were loaded for a month? I would like to have my splits.

I am hoping someone might have some information. Thanks again.
Last edited by: justbreathe: Sep 11, 14 8:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mile 30/86 we have not GSM connection, even with a cell booster at that location and the stormy weather.

The above is copied right from that thread, also in my previous post. They had no connection to the timing mats at mile 30 and 86. If they had no connection they cannot have a timing split.

I was not referring to the swim, but the above message from the timing company was in the swim shortened thread, and posted during the event.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Question on IM Bike Splits [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that there were splits posted during the race. Also, I thought there were more pads then just one spot (30/86) during the loop?

The only splits I know of is the 56 mile and the finish of the bike, which is a loop 1 and loop 2. I thought I biked over more than just one timing pad (so the not working mile 30/86 pad) while on the loop. If I am wrong please tell me! I just would like some splits.
Quote Reply