Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ridden with the visor. It seems fine. Easy to take off if it bothered you in the rain. Slip it into your shirt pocket.

It is hotter than my Bell Javelin. It is noisier, too. I was reasonably quick with it on in NYC. I don't know if that was helmet or not, though.

I haven't had (ever) wind tunnel time to test on me.

I found one used, luckily, because mine original order has been backordered since February.
jim
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Jim! It's been working great for me so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [JETTBIKE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that the helmets been out for a few months... Anyone race with it in a hot race? I am doing Silverman in a few months and wondering if I should use the swork TT or my Rudy.

On training, I seem to overheat easily with the swork TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been racing with this helmet for about 2 months. Most of the races were short time trials (20k or less). For the first 2-3 races I wore the visor without any problem of heat being generated under the helmet. When the weather turned humid, I had to remove the visor because it kept fogging up. I could also feel the difference with more heat build-up under the helmet. When I removed the visor and wore glasses, there was no problems with heat build-up. I assume that the glasses allowed greater air flow through the helmet. I was happy that this worked because the helmet is really comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 tropical and humid race. No problems at all due to the helmet on the bike. Just as a basis of temperature comparison, lots of dehydrated athletes and people cut off during the super hot run.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avaiable on Specialized webstore now
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [Wetfeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought one off of a fellow 'Twitcher. Very nice helmet and comes with a very nice case. Will post some pics compared to my Scott Split tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered a matte black M/L today. Had a silver/white one last April but retuned it after noticing paint chipping after a sprint tri. Took me this long due to back orders.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raced pigman 70.3 (very humid, pretty hot) with it and had no issues minus some minor fogging with the visor at the beginning. Raced a sprint the weekend after with no visor and really did enjoy the airflow (probably more perception).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
been tossing up the black vs the silver, i want to like the silver, but im having trouble...black with red then i would be onto it!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works TT Helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really liked the silver/red, but didn't care for the large S logo. Just not into large logos. At least it's subdued with the black one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up. Ordered mine. M/L silver is already sold out.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply

Prev Next