Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Edmonton ITU ST Gathering [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather is looking good for Friday, they are calling for a few showers on Thursday.

Planning to recon the ride to race site shortly. Had a bit of trouble with the trail maps yesterday.

I haven't figured out race day transportation to race site, but I think it's going to a combo of public transit and shuttle. I can't seem to figure out if there is a shuttle direct from our hotel, but I think not. I'm a bit ahead of everyone arriving and there isn't many people around to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Edmonton ITU ST Gathering [JMac650c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't see a shuttle from the Hotel, you'll need to take the LRT (subway/underground/train whatever you want to call it) on Jasper Ave then get off at Health Services south of the University. There is a bus shuttle from that LRT stop to Hawerlak.

Way easier to ride there, but that wont work on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: Edmonton ITU ST Gathering [GrumpyCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrumpyCat wrote:
Didn't see a shuttle from the Hotel, you'll need to take the LRT (subway/underground/train whatever you want to call it) on Jasper Ave then get off at Health Services south of the University. There is a bus shuttle from that LRT stop to Hawerlak.

Way easier to ride there, but that wont work on race day.

That is the impression I have also, LRT to the university, and then shuttle to race site. I might be lucky and have folks with cars, but, ... will see.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Team Canada schedule mentioned going to the Pint at 7pm on Friday. Waiting for more details. The time seems right since Triathletes go to bed around 8pm, but not sure how many Oly guys will brave a beer that close to race day, they might gain a lbs or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Edmonton ITU ST Gathering [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope the city is running more then 1 train every 30min due to it being a holiday on Sept 1st :-)

I'm sure someone thought of that already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GrumpyCat wrote:
I hope the city is running more then 1 train every 30min due to it being a holiday on Sept 1st :-)

I'm sure someone thought of that already.

Let me answer my own question: http://etstripplanner.edmonton.ca/...Date=01%20Sep%202014

Trains go every 15min, first train leaving downtown around 5:12am on Sept 1st and its a 10min ride to Health Services.
Last edited by: GrumpyCat: Aug 25, 14 15:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2 sense...
Downtown YEG sucks ass after 5 pm. How do I know? I work there. That said, If I were to choose a bar downtown, the Pint would be good, or the Craft Beer Market better, which is really short walk (stumble) to Churchill Square. Churchill LRT Station is right there too. I work kitty corner across from Churchill Square which is essentially a concrete slab. I saw today that they're setting up a big stage and other tents, so there will probably be a lot of stuff going on there. I will keep an eye on it for you guys and let you know what's up.

Another suggestion for a starting point would be the Earls located on the UofA campus. The LRT terminal is right around the corner and should be easy enough to stumble to. If you're really bent on pub crawling, Whyte (82nd) Avenue is a short walk away. There are a lot of restaurants and shops along Whyte. Or, you could all meet up on campus some place, and then walk to Whyte and go to O'Byrnes or one of the other big bars or numerous restaurants.

I would love to help put something together for you fit misfits, but I'm away this weekend. Let me know if you need some other suggestions or advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Edmonton ITU ST Gathering [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you will be away triathlung

I do plan to check out Whyte at some point after my race on Friday.
Last edited by: JMac650c: Aug 26, 14 19:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquathlon race today. No rain yet. Venue looks great. Transportation interesting

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next