Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [rjastrebsky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rjastrebsky wrote:
thank you! everyone has been so nice :)

Great blog post. And although I'm sure the charities you're donating to are worthy and important, I still think that the $549 that Lance donated should be given to usada to purchase blood testing equipment. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:
rbuike wrote:
TheGupster wrote:
[
I never really took sides in the WTC situation, but his OP has caused me to side with the anti-WTC crowd. I really have no opinion the pro pay scale mainly because I'm not educated enough in the topic to form a decisive opinion. However, I am a consumer and I do work hard for my money, thus I prefer to spend it with company's that shares that respect. AM came to ST to basically poke fun at a consumer movement. This is an action I would expect from a company like Comcast or Bank of America. Companies that embrace their reputations for having horrid customer service.

I know WTC doesn't care that people say they won't race WTC again. The races still sell out. Thus the reason AM can come on ST and make a mockery of our sport. I was really looking forward to IM Wisconsin or IMLV being my first full ironman event. Now I will shift my focus to something like REV3 Cedar Point.

Bingo!

Let my lone voice join this sentiment. I am beginning to lay out my race plans for next year. Princeton, Eagleman, and Maryland have been taken off the list of possibilities. I was wavering on WTC for next season to begin with, but the OP's posts combined with the details of the chalk-gate incident have sealed it. I'm going with other options.
I think you are making a mistake by taking Princeton off of your list:0)
Just wondering how many posters here have a corporate logo tatoo'ed to their calf?

Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Just wondering how many posters here have a corporate logo tatoo'ed to their calf?

Be careful what you wish for; I'm a little bored. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
Bmanners wrote:

Be careful what you wish for; I'm a little bored. :-)

Now that is just wrong in so many ways.......
Logo would be flat black on my bike ;0)

Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Now that is just wrong in so many ways.......
Logo would be flat black on my bike ;0)

Is this better? I cleaned up the front end as well. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
2015 Professional Prize Purse Structure:
In 2015, IRONMAN will have a total professional prize payout of over $5 million - an increase from 2014. Debuting next year, IRONMAN will be shifting the Professional Prize Purse structure in the Americas at select IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 races designated for professional competition. All other races will be age-group competition only. This change will feature the following enhancements:

• Fewer focused professional races creating bigger prize purses in those races
  • All Championship races will pay first through 10th
  • A meaningful and regionally fair schedule that promotes more head-to-head competition between top professional athletes
  • Improved sequencing of events with consideration of World Championship

“This is a philosophical and concentrated move to provide our professional athletes with a competitive calendar and to help build rivalry and competition, while generating excitement around the races,” said Andrew Messick, Chief Executive Officer of IRONMAN. “This has been an important change that we have been working towards for the past six-months.”

Originally from:
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2014/08/ironman-announcements.aspx#ixzz39M1xZTFQ
Last edited by: sk: Aug 3, 14 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [sk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw this! Timing definitely makes it looks like a response to the outrage here and in LP.

Tim Russell, Pro Triathlete

Instagram- @timbikerun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually if you put it back to normal and take the towel out and email
Me a pic I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!! You gots talent!!!!

Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
Actually if you put it back to normal and take the towel out and email
Me a pic I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!! You gots talent!!!!

Here you go. Right click and "save image as"

Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhere on this thread, someone asked what the last-place finisher at a golf tournament makes. Tano Goya finished last at this weekend's Bridgestone Invitational and earned $42,000US. Not bad for finishing 37 strokes behind Rory McIlroy. At the Stableford-scored Barracuda Classic, last-placer Chad Collins made $5,760. The last Web.com (minor league) tour guy got $1,404 for making the cut and not missing his final-round tee time, and the last senior (Craig Stadler, who had a strong career on the PGA Tour) made $735 at that tournament.

Not calling you out, Snackchair, this just came up in my forum search of "golf prize money" and it seemed as good a spot as any to provide this information.

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Quote Reply
Re: Meanwhile, in Canada..... [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sportstats wrote:
Jonnyo indicating that WTC created the problem by having to many races???? Come on Jonnyo!

How is that incorrect? Proliferation of races without commensurate proliferation of pro field.... what am i missing?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply

Prev Next