Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feedback on cockpit setup...
Quote | Reply
I'm feeling pretty happy with the cockpit now, figured I'd pass around a few photos for feedback.

I did a lot of work around the Ui2 front end which is now all internal even with the PD T3+ extensions. The bar end shifters route down through the bracket into the basebar where they each go into a JC-41 box with the corresponding brake/shifter combo. Left JC-41 then connects to the right JC 41. Right JC-41 then connects via a single Etube wire to the EW-90 hidden in the Torhans AeroBento. The ETube wire is shrinkwrapped to the rear brake cable, so essentially only the two brake cables leave the base bar leaving nothing in the wind.

I am having a hell of a time keeping the basebar from slipping down on big bumps, not sure what else to do at this point, it's 2 lbs over the recommended torque specs.

Anyways, comments and feedback welcomed.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on cockpit setup... [bostonalex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friction paste on the stem clamp?
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on cockpit setup... [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rambler wrote:
Friction paste on the stem clamp?

I guess, I would assume I can use something like Fiber Grip even though the stem and basebar are aluminum.

-Alex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used epoxy on an aluminum set-up because it was what I had. It worked well and was still removable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
give the clamping area and face plate a good cleaning, and then apply some carbon paste.

You might also consider a different stem, perhaps it doesn't have a good face plate.

bostonalex wrote:
I'm feeling pretty happy with the cockpit now, figured I'd pass around a few photos for feedback.

I did a lot of work around the Ui2 front end which is now all internal even with the PD T3+ extensions. The bar end shifters route down through the bracket into the basebar where they each go into a JC-41 box with the corresponding brake/shifter combo. Left JC-41 then connects to the right JC 41. Right JC-41 then connects via a single Etube wire to the EW-90 hidden in the Torhans AeroBento. The ETube wire is shrinkwrapped to the rear brake cable, so essentially only the two brake cables leave the base bar leaving nothing in the wind.

I am having a hell of a time keeping the basebar from slipping down on big bumps, not sure what else to do at this point, it's 2 lbs over the recommended torque specs.

Anyways, comments and feedback welcomed.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on cockpit setup... [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on the stem... I'm patiently waiting for the new Sigma XF.

-Alex

Quote Reply