Re: USAT Nats Question.. Wetsuit Peelers? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
1) Pull the wetsuit down to your waste while running to your bike
2) At bike pull the wetsuit to knee or lower
3) Step down on wetsuit with one foot to bringing the wetsuit lower
5) Bring the other foot out to remove that leg from the wetsuit
You may need to grab it with your hands. Whatever. It shouldn't add any time.
6) Reach down and pull wetsuit off of other leg. It helps to again step on the suit with the opposite foot.

Does anyone know Jaime Cleveland? He should post a youtube video doing this, he is the best I have seen.

WAY faster than stopping for a wetsuit stripper. If you practice it, you can do it in 3 seconds. A wetsuit strip is probably going to take 15 when you factor stopping. Plus, if when you get good at it, you take relying on someone else out of your equation. And it is free speed!

If done right, your wetsuit is off about the time you have you helmet and glasses on and you just have to reach down and toss your suit in your transition area or "box" under your bike, but not on top of your shoes. Don't forget this last part. If it's in the aisle at all, you can and should get a penalty. So a wetsuit costs you very little time. Hell, might be almost as fast as getting a swim skin off.

I was doing great with your instructions but it doesn't feel right. I'm missing something. I think it's step four?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Nats Question.. Wetsuit Peelers? [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Step 4 is ONE WEIRD TRICK! If you want step 4 it'll cost you $159.95 with some extra for shipping and handling.
Quote Reply

Prev Next