Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Race Report - First IM (10:17) [davetheharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solid first race... You should check out Whistler for next year. It is a tough course, but with a swim/run like that you could easily put some hurt down on most of your AG.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Race Report - First IM (10:17) [davetheharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy crap... I wish I could swim like that... Congrats, looks like a successful day all around!

-Alex

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Race Report - First IM (10:17) [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PeteDin206 wrote:
Solid first race... You should check out Whistler for next year. It is a tough course, but with a swim/run like that you could easily put some hurt down on most of your AG.

So he's a little weak on the bike and you want him to go to arguably the hardest or at least slowest IM bike course in North America net to CDA and IMWI.

I thought you picked races that played to your strengths. Right now he needs a non-WS swim with a hilly run course and flatish bike. I'm not sure which one that would be.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could definitely stand to get lower in front.

Do a bike focus for a while - ride lots, ride hard, ride hills.
There's a good :30-:40 minutes there for the taking.

Put the swim and run on maintenance mode, just enough to keep your current fitness in them.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Lake Placid Race Report - First IM (10:17) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely going to focus on making big improvements on the bike. Perhaps ill get another fit to get more aggressive in the front. I know I can clean up the front end too. Right now I just zip tie the extra cable, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP, that's an incredible finish for your first race. Congrats!
Quote Reply

Prev Next