2.4 Open Water TT (w/wetsuit): 1:00
Open marathon time: 2:57
CTL(trainingpeaks): 135
Peak weeks:
Bike: 335 miles (17hrs)
Run: 60miles (7.5 hrs)
Swim: 15,000yards (4hrs)
Average training last 8 weeks: 22hrs/wk

Do you I have a chance to go sub 10 at IM Louisville?
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if it was held in October when the race turns easy.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimac2 wrote:
6'2" 180lbs
FTP: 295
2.4 Open Water TT (no wetsuit): 1:10
Peak weeks:

Really depends on the day and how hot and humid it is on run. Your sheer volume might be your biggest asset, your height and weight given the conditions is going to be your biggest challenge if it gets toasty out there. I would say possible but you are going to have to execute to a T.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one can answer that question but you. But here's some motivation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wo1yamVOj4
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
trimac2 wrote:
6'2" 180lbs
FTP: 295
2.4 Open Water TT (no wetsuit): 1:10
Peak weeks:

Thanks...I'll just pray for cool temps! If there is a good current I think this will put me in a good position to break 10 on this course.

Really depends on the day and how hot and humid it is on run. Your sheer volume might be your biggest asset, your height and weight given the conditions is going to be your biggest challenge if it gets toasty out there. I would say possible but you are going to have to execute to a T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louisville has a deceptively tough bike course, and the swim was my slowest IM swim to date at 1:07. It's hard to find feet to draft off due to the time trial start plus you'll be dodging people backstroking and breaststroking the first few 1,000 yards. For reference, I rode 5:10 there (216 NP @ 140lbs) which was good enough for 30th overall (4th in age group) off the bike. I broke down at mile 18 walked/jogged/puked (having run my way into 2nd M35-39) to a miserable 3:54 run. Completely my fault for being overconfident and going way too fast in the opening 10K. I thought I would easily break 10 that day, but it turned out to be a good lesson in pacing. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes, if you don't walk during the marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that CTL for bike/run only? Bike only? If all 3, that's pretty low for a peak of 22 hours. Not a real deep fitness base.

That'a very solid run time for a "big guy". Hell around here, over 170 lbs is practically the heavy weight class.

I'd say you have a very good shot. Your peak week looks pretty good.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pls reply to OP, and not bottom poster. Tks. It makes "threaded forums" work as intended.
Quote Reply
Re: Sub 10 at IM Louisville? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is just for bike/run for the CTL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on a lot of things. You have an excellent open Mary time and excellent volume. However, (why is there always a however), your swim is not an asset and your W/kg is 3.6. From my understanding the bike course at Louisville has more climbing then people give it credit, so your power/ weight numbers are somewhat low for sub 10, but ironman is a strange animal and some people cope with the day better than others so you might be good for sub 10. My honest guess is no, but I'm relatively pessimistic with predictions

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply