Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit
Quote | Reply
Assuming it fits correctly, is this a decent suit/price?

http://xterraoutlet.com/...pro-fullsuit-wetsuit

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decent suit, decent price, assuming it's new. Not the longest-lasting suit tho ... splits and tears very easily, and I'm one of the most careful "suit handlers" I know. Armpits split out badly, and you don't even touch those when suiting up. One of the more buoyant. Just not a long-lasting suit. The wife and I both moved away from them once we realized we were throwing money away every 2 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will second the first response. X-terra is my first wetsuit I have bought new, but I rented numerous times, and the tearing rate is pretty sad. Good for a first suit and thats where I'll depart with them.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [TallTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the armpit splits, my current suit this is where all the wear is, very odd. I've only worn the Vector Pro line since 2009 but am looking into other brands (Roka and Blueseventy). Certainly not a bad suit and you do feel like you're floating on top of the water. For the prince point Xterra I believe is a great first wetsuit, assuming they fit correctly.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a full Vector Pro for a year and a half and it's been great. I've only used it for three long races and a few practice swims in between, but I've had no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No need to order one through the outlet. Here's a 60% code you can use through the regular site.

R-NYTRI
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Vector 4, their cheapest one, and its also splitting at the armpits. I've seen three other XTerra Suits suffer from the same malady, including a Vector Pro. I emailed XTerra and they said I could send it in for warranty. I was going to ask if I could upgrade to the Pro, but not so sure I should seeing as they also suffer from the same issue.

Don't think I'll get another XTerra unless they fix this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [TallTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They replaced mine for free when I took Pictures of how the Armpits were coming apart the new one I have I have had no issues with.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the pro full this is my second season using it probably used in 10 open water training sessions and 5 races. Like others have mentioned great suit however arm pits are torn big time and with no nails and the palms of my hands I usually get a tear every suit up. The suit is more repair glue than anything at this point haha.
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [shade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shade wrote:
No need to order one through the outlet. Here's a 60% code you can use through the regular site.

R-NYTRI

Just tried using that code (I was going to pick up a sleeveless to train in)... didn't work :/
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All their suits tear easily but damn are they good suits. I just 'upgraded' to Vector when they had 75% off on black Friday. It was cheaper than the Vector. Took three months to arrive. I had forgotten i ordered it.

I haven't worn it yet since the water temps have spiked. I'm sure I'll wear it for Steelhead since that's in Lake Michigan.

Quote | Reply
I just tried that code for the Vortex sleeveless as well as the Vector Pro fullsuit. The discount was applied to both suits.

I picked up a Vector Pro earlier this year with the 70% discount and have used it three races and two OWS. So far no issues or complaints. Actually, it's been outstanding!
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [joehysong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really...so not just me...this is good to know..

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Vector 2 years ago and while it does seem to get some nicks easily I have not had a problem with the armpits splitting. And the nicks are just easy to fill in with wetsuit glue. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself about the armpits! I also just received the Vendetta suit this year because we are sponsored by them and I really like the suit but it doesn't seem to fit as snug as the Vector and for some reason takes in a bit more water. It's a fast and comfy suit but I am still testing it out to see how to keep water from getting in the suit. But never had that problem with the Vector.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: XTERRA Vector Pro fullsuit [spomeroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive had no issues with xterra suits splitting at the seams. a dozen or so ppl in my training group that have xterra suits aren't having issues like described above either, that i'm aware of. threads like this sometimes accumulate just the bad things that can happen to a product. people with issues complain the loudest, and perhaps rightfully so. doesn't mean i cannot add that i have had no splitting seam issues.

quote from above: " it doesn't seem to fit as snug as the Vector and for some reason takes in a bit more water"

This is interesting. do you have the same size in both suits? what model is your vector and how old is it? (II or III). The vector is supposed to be more stretchy - it is a bit thinner material compared to the vendetta. I've actually had the opposite issue. i found the vendetta fit much smaller/more snug than the vector pro (same size).
Last edited by: 7718: Jul 25, 14 7:18
Quote Reply