Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baboonator wrote:
You're probably right, but I'm still curious to know how much weight we are talking about. When the IA was released I commented that with tubes that big the bike was going to be some heavy beast. SuperDave came and laughed at me, and shortly after the frame was advertised at 1200g (which indeed was really light for a frame that big). So I wonder that know they are releasing it with "regular" carbon, what is the weight gonna be? If it's a full pound difference, I would rather get a P5 (which is not lightweight either).

1450g for the IA1/2/3/4 frame.
-SD
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That's not bad at all in my view.

Any plan of having a specific hydration/Torhans bottle like the DA? And no, I am not trying to talk about a bladder.

I have to say on looks alone, the IA would be my first choice. Stunning bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [Baboonator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

What is the paint scheme for the IA 1 frame set? Does it come with a seat?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave-
Can you speak to how Felt tested the Novatec wheels? With all the concern about carbon clinchers I am curious as to how you decided that they were a good wheel and safe to use? Also can you speak to how they perform in the tunnel compared to some of the more established brands (i.e. Enve, Zipp...)?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-Mike- wrote:
My thought is the new DA is the real killer, 3600 with DI2, that just put the hurt on BMC/Cervelo/Trek/ etc when you can offer a very solid frame with DI2 for 3600. The new IA at 5600 (might be off on that number) for ultegra 11 speed is still kind of high in my opinion to be an instant success or great deal.

The new DA isn't 3600 thats the B2. The new DA is 4999 and IA Ultegra 5499 so the difference is $500.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I know! I cannot believe the trickle down! Great job Felt! SuperDave...when are these coming out!

The first 2015 model available is the IA2 and they've already begun shipping. I'm betting you'll see it posted on ST by next week.
-SD

Hey Dave when is the website going to be updated and the official launch be? I'm interested in seeing the paint schemes and build options as they will be shipping to customers. I'm loving what you guys have done with the IA and I can't thank you enough for making this falls purchase the toughest one yet! Keep up the great work and thanks as always for putting up with the ST community time and time again(enough with the brake complaints already).

Sept. 1st.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the frameset follow the color scheme of one of the other models or will it have it's on color? If it's unique any idea on the colors?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mancala wrote:
Will the frameset follow the color scheme of one of the other models or will it have it's on color? If it's unique any idea on the colors?

Thanks

Looks like we will know on September 1st!!

------
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking to place my order on Monday, I was told an October delivery date. I was just curious what I was about to spend my money on. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mancala wrote:
I was looking to place my order on Monday, I was told an October delivery date. I was just curious what I was about to spend my money on. :)

If I were to guess from all I've seen the Top end IA2 will have the black and yellow scheme you see in most photos. Then the IA3,4,1 will be the "naked" version. I've posted the photos of these below. I've been following this closely and scouring the web for more details. This is all I've found thus far.

IA FRD

IA2

IA3, IA4, IA1 Color Scheme

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is going to cost me some money.

Quote | Reply
There is also a blue pictured here: http://aerogeeks.com/...t-lineup-first-look/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder why Felt left the back tire so exposed and didn't cover it like eveyone else did?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the blue. Just gorgeous. I'm a huge fan of Felt bikes -- I've got two already, and if (God forbid) anything happens to them, I'll be looking for another Felt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The IA1 will have a unique color but use the same graphics that are used on the other IAs.

-SD

Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a picture of the framset; it uses gloss black, matte black and grey I placed my order for a 56 today, looking at an October 1 delivery.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [nickvas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickvas wrote:
Depends what you value more:

1) slightly smoother shift quality and more options to shift (on the bullhorns as well)

or

2) speed

I would personally go for the speed, but the overall ride experience might be a factor if shift options are important.

I decided on speed as well. This is an early IA1/2/3/4 frameset with some old Dura-Ace 7800/7900 10 speed derailleurs on it.

-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave
When will the B2 be on the website? Looking to see how the geometry is and if it'll work for me.
Thanks
Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Announcment! New Cheaper Versions of the IA! [mx441] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mx441 wrote:
Dave
When will the B2 be on the website? Looking to see how the geometry is and if it'll work for me.
Thanks
Dave

Dave,

The website goes live ~Sept 1st during our Eurobike launch.
The B2 geometry is exactly the same as the 2014 B12 and B14. We use a -17 degree stem on the B2 but there is ~115+mm of vertical adjustment range possible with the Bayonet bars so it isn't likely to limit your position.

-SD

Last edited by: SuperDave: Sep 2, 14 17:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the prompt response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave, any idea of when the IA 1 will start shipping?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mancala wrote:
Hey Dave, any idea of when the IA 1 will start shipping?

Thanks

By December.
-SD

Quote Reply

Prev Next