Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
5430tri wrote:
Not sure that Johnny has ever beaten Alistair when he's been fully fit has he? Certainly seems like he has a significant edge over his kid brother, whether it's mental or physical. I'd be very surprised at anything other than an Alistair win today.

He has at the sprint distance. Hamburg last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're swapping out like it's a bike leg because Schoeman is just sitting in. murray :27 down after a lap, definitely some separation forming after about 6 or 7 guys

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is some intense netball.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you watching this at?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neat to see some of these other Brits, like this Scottish guy Austin. Evidently he was 2nd at juniors last year, so clearly he's got a strong pedigree, but neat to see some of these guys who just get absolutely overshadowed by Brownlees or Stimpson/Stanford/Jenkins on the women's side. They're clearly doing something right in the UK if their second-tier athletes are able to be competitive in major games racing.
Austin's either gonna benefit HUGE from riding with the B's or he's going to pay for it miserably. I doubt he'll get the 4-5 minutes over Murray that he needs, but I always root for the swim-biker

Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Streaming live on YouTube. Best way to get there is to search for "Commonwealth Games Day 1" and it's probably your first result. YouTube is blocked on work computer, so I'm really glad I'm grandfathered into my unlimited data on iPhone.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
link in post #5 above.

Someone get that Austin kid from Scotland a sandwich. He's having a hell of a day though.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sstuck streaming over 3G coverage, so it cuts out/gets blurry from time to time. What happened to Austin exactly, did he just get dropped by the B's? I was really hoping he could hold on and at least enter T2 with them, ideally with a 2+ min lead.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah he was getting yo-yo'd off each corner, and eventually just got dropped, then swallowed by the chase pack.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that with each corner. It also looked to an extent like the Bs were content to let him stay on for a bit each time he got yo-yo'ed, but I suppose eventually they figured out the periodic slow/short pull he would give them to catch their breath wasn't worth the risk of slowing them down too much. Bummer for him

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like this race went just about as predicted.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call on the bike :)

Would have been nice to see what Davison might have done bridging a gap if he'd been with the chase group to begin with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah watching it live via youtube.

It was interesting seeing the first run split. The way AB was blowing away JB, I figured Murray was making up ground for 2nd. But it was just a case of AB making JB look bad because JB put time on Murray.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yorke just misses men's podium

Andrew Yorke of Hamilton, Ont., fell just short of a medal in the men's event, finishing fourth.

It was a solid result for the 25-year-old, an Olympic alternate whose career-best finish in a World Triathlon Series event is 15th.

Olympic champion Alistair Brownlee of England won gold, pulling away from his younger brother, Jonathan Brownlee, who took the silver. South Africa's Richard Murray got the bronze.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the most exciting race I've ever seen but hugely impressive stuff. The Brownlees led out the swim (AB in the second lap) with Schoemann joining them, then basically time-trialled on a difficult course and the pack seemed unable to go at the same pace. And to rub salt in the wounds, Alistair then put down the fastest run...

Jonny said he was shattered by the bike run but still did the second best run. Impressive stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excited for the mixed relay. I think we have a good shot at getting in there for a medal. Great results for TriCan

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [rj_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We will see.... Ellen Pennock crashed ans Brault DNFd

Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... time for the relay on a few days. In the mean time some fast swims in the pool. Ryan Cochrane dropped a 3.43 400 for gold.

Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
... time for the relay on a few days. In the mean time some fast swims in the pool. Ryan Cochrane dropped a 3.43 400 for gold.

Presumably England's relay team will consist of the men's gold and silver medallists, and the women's gold and bronze medallists. Could be a bit one-sided!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was watching the men's race live yesterday and noticed at least one guy swimming breast stroke... the lead canoe had to go ahead of the lead pack to clear him out of the way as he got lapped.

Does anyone know who he is? Can he swim front crawl? If not, why the hell was he even considered to represent his country at the games? I don't want to sound harsh but I felt embarrassed for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [p206751] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea who he was, but if his country saw fit to let him represent them then he had every right to be there and I applaud him for having the nerve to turn up and give it a go knowing he was going to get his ass kicked on international television.

I'm sure that he was being cheered on by his fellow triathletes at home, and who knows, maybe he'll come back in 4 years having learned to front crawl, or he'll have inspired some kids in his home country to give triathlon a go.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [p206751] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Missed his name and country, but he actually got lapped!! In a (2 lap) triathlon swim!!!

The Commonwealth Games is, shall we say, inclusive. Not to say that there isn't some serious competition as you have Australia, South Africa, Canada etc, but we do like to let everyone have a go!
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He'd never swam open water before and had to borrow a wetsuit from one of the Brownlees. Clearly it wasn't actually required, and he was fished out by a marshal before he'd finished the swim. A 30min 10k runner apparently. Kenya are going to have to very gradually develop their triathletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His name was Vincent Onyango and is from Kenya. Apparently he had never finished a triathlon before:
http://www.smh.com.au/commonwealth-games-glasgow-2014/commonwealth-games-news/onyango-triathlon-debut-a-stroke-of-inspiration-20140725-zwmym.html

There were several other guys in there from developing countries that swam in the 28-29 minute range for 1500 and got lapped out on the bike

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Triathlons [FeketeBlob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those guys were in a league of there own on race day. It would have been interesting to see if some of the other top guys like Gomez or Mola could have kept up with them. But I think the smaller field really helped the Brownlees get away on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next