Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On the bubble: Did i qualify for age group nats at the Omaha Olympic Regional Qualifier?
Quote | Reply
I finished 6th out of 17 in M45-49: The rule states:

How to Qualify:

• Special Qualifiers and Regional Championship races will qualify the top 33 percent or top five finishers (whichever is greater) in each age group. A complete list of 2014 Regional Championships and Special Qualifiers can be found here:

** Note: If there are 35 athletes in an age group and an athlete places 12th or higher, they have qualified for the 2014 Olympic Distance Nationals. If an athlete places 13th out of 35 they have not qualified.

The rule in red is what Im confused about. 6/17 is .3529. In USAT example 12/35 is .3429.

Anyone have any clarity on this rule?

Thanks
Last edited by: 1xatbandcamp: Jul 22, 14 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: On the bubble: Did i qualify for age group nats at the Omaha Olympic Regional Qualifier? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know for the top 10% rule they round up. so 5/45 for example qualifies since 10% is 4.5. If they do the same for the 33% rule you might be in. Only way to know is wait for the email and hope they don't sell out (may already have....I don't know). Sorry, I know that doesn't really clarify anything for you. :)
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jul 22, 14 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: On the bubble: Did i qualify for age group nats at the Omaha Olympic Regional Qualifier? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience they round up fairly generously, I think one time I finished 3rd out of 23, and I qualified.

Edit: I looked up the results and it was 3rd out of 23.
Last edited by: chaparral: Jul 22, 14 9:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should of qualified.
Quote Reply
Re: On the bubble: Did i qualify for age group nats at the Omaha Olympic Regional Qualifier? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was a special qualifer, he will get in. They make sure all of those special qualifiers get into the race. I don't know if they hold spots back, but they just increase the field as needed to get them in.
Quote Reply
Re: On the bubble: Did i qualify for age group nats at the Omaha Olympic Regional Qualifier? [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the email today I made it. Super psyched. Per their instructions I need to sign up for waitlist and they are trying to accomodate all racers on waitlist. Full refund if I dont.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was me 2 years ago, I qualified at a regional special qualifier that was in late June and the race was already sold out. I signed up for the wait list and was immediately granted into the race because it was a regional special qualifier. You should be good to go!
Quote Reply