Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too funny. Thanks for volunteering in the rain. Can't have been fun. At least you sort of forget about it once you are actually racing.

When I went to get body marked I told the volunteer 17 and 21, he looked up at me and goes, "which is which?" Guess that info is probably helpful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for volunteering JenSW! You may have marked me this morning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone stick around for the awards ceremony? If so, did they hand out AG awards? I left after they posted the results and I placed 4th in my AG. I checked the results online today and am now listed as 3rd. I'm just curious whether or not there was a medal or something I should have recieved and if it went to someone else.

JenSw - thanks for suffering in the rain for us, you contributed to a great race!
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [racingmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just top 3 male/female for Olympic distance. They mentioned they would be mailing something for age-group winners/podiums shortly.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, appreciate the update.

-mike
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [racingmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stuck around for the AG awards and yeah went home empty handed. Supposedly they will mail us something. I don't even know what. I finished the race around 9 then waited for results until almost 11 then waited for awards until noon. :-/ I could have just left immediately and spared myself waiting around in the "rain" for 3 hours.

Thanks for volunteering Jen! :)

As for race distances I too got a hair over 19 miles for bike and 6.3 for the run. That out and back hill on the run was NOT on the map.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with you!?

Biggest local throw down in the PNW for some time. I've sorta wanted to do it but the out and back on I-90 bridge has always left me a bit hmmmmm

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridana wrote:
Recoverie-

great to meet you at the Blackhills Triathlon a few weeks ago! Seafair is a fun race. If is it a nice day - the ride is pretty cool - I know you are racing, but make sure to look right and left when you are on I90 - you will get some great mountain views. and riding almost into downtown on I90 is pretty cool. This is a big draw in part because of the seafair mentality - it is a HUGE Seattle event. The Oly run is two laps, that are basically flat except for one KILLER hill. Lake in that area can be deceptively cold too. And on the bike there are usually 1 or 2 no passing zones due to narrow roads.

If you search for places in West Seattle - you may find some stuff. a quick search - georgetown inn, airlane motel, star motel. Parking the morning of the race can be the biggest issue as it is all local streets. I would scope that out the night before so you have some ideas!

Have fun!

Dana

You weren't kidding about the KILLER hill. Wow! Coming around the second loop, I thought surely the road that turns right up the hill was mile five, and we would get a pass on that hill. But, nope, it was mile four. You have to run the hill again!

Loved the entire course. The event coordinators were simply outstanding. Loved that view coming out of the tunnel and over the I90 bridge. Awesome! I will do this race again just for the scenery (loved that sweeping downhill on the bike heading toward Safeco Field) and the superb race support.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That part is actually the fun part. Whole of the express lanes shut down. It's getting off the express lanes (and getting stuck behind somebody who freaks out at the windy exit, and the resulting traffic) that makes it a shit show.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you had a good time overall!! Funny you mention thinking of being at mile 5 and bypassing the hill - I remember thinking the same thing now that you mention it!!

Hope the rest of your race season is fun.

Re: Seattle Seafair Triathlon [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny about having the same hill thought. When you said KILLER, I thought how killer can it be? There wasn't a lot of talking among racers on that section.
Quote Reply

Prev Next