Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, that's a can of corn compared to The Escarpment Trail Run.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Escarpment Run;

No matter how you look at it, both of these races are some steep, rooty, rocky, right up the face of the mountain ''cans of corn''

I got a call back from Belleayre. The woman told me that she is going to check out what can be done if it can be done from her end and get back to me in a few days. Here is the first snag though; this can't be done in October. It's already snowing in October. Don't laugh, I've xc skied at Belleayre and seen kids sleigh riding on Columbus day. Last year, I think we had plowable snow in October. And as some of us found out the hard way at the HITS races in North Lake, it's freezing at the end of September.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in an extreme duathlon on the last weekend of August?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Escarpment Run;

No matter how you look at it, both of these races are some steep, rooty, rocky, right up the face of the mountain ''cans of corn''

I got a call back from Belleayre. The woman told me that she is going to check out what can be done if it can be done from her end and get back to me in a few days. Here is the first snag though; this can't be done in October. It's already snowing in October. Don't laugh, I've xc skied at Belleayre and seen kids sleigh riding on Columbus day. Last year, I think we had plowable snow in October. And as some of us found out the hard way at the HITS races in North Lake, it's freezing at the end of September.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in an extreme duathlon on the last weekend of August?

Last year's Escarpment Trail Race was some of the most treacherous running I've ever done. Not only did we start off in thunder, lightning, and pouring rain, but the roots and rock covered trails were mossy and wet for the rest of the day. Which made every stride from rock to rock a potential slip and fall as well as every twist and turn on the downhills. That being said, I had an amazing time. But I was so terrified of my ankles and/or knees for the entire race that it made it a little bit less fun. Race report in link to my blog below if you're interested in reading more about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in last week of August. Could also go toward Pepacton Resevoir. Some local businesses in Western Catskills might be interested in sponsoring. Last weekend of August would be really terrific I think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just two weeks after IMMT... sound perfect lol

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2015 [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: ETR - my buddy Bruce set a lifetime PB last year at age 50, in those conditions, of 3:20. Damn.

Like you, I was amazed at how fast the fast guys descended that crazy technical stuff. Your RR experience mirrored mine - beat them up the climbs, watch them scamper away back down them.

After getting my soul crushed by it in 2010, I decided to do something easier the following July, so I signed up for IMLP instead.
;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"After getting my soul crushed by it in 2010, I decided to do something easier the following July, so I signed up for IMLP instead.
;-) "

Hey, that's my line. ETR 2009, IMLP 2010. Same reasoning.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I wonder if anyone would be interested in an extreme duathlon on the last weekend of August? "

That's going to put your race up against a lot of triathlons that are your potential racers' "A" races.

In my experience, duathlons flounder and die if they are staged during open water swim season.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Registration for the May 15, 2016 American Zofingen is now open on Active.com

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply

Prev Next