Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how the hell did you manage that?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [alexholbrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How "aero" is this mount? And how aero is it compared to the Torpedo? I'm thinking of using it for tt races. Though there is conflicting information out there, I've read that BTA bottles can save watts compared to no bottle. So, I'm wondering if the Zipp mount system is more aero than no bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexholbrook wrote:
how the hell did you manage that?
I used a fiber cut-off wheel on my Dremel. Now I have an Xlab Torpedo mounted, which didn't fit when the computer mount was intact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone experience this with their Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA mount ? Stem broke on first time use at BSLT 70.3 at mile 40 on the bike course. No crashes or other trauma to it, just the somewhat bumpy roads of Lubbock.

Matthew

http://mattpatt75.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [mattpatt75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not I...the thing has been rock solid & actually reinforces my aero bars --lateral rigidity. Best BTA I've owned. But the computer mount has not had any problems with cracking (hopefully it will stay that way).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
They should make a computerless version./quote]

This!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got several 100 mile rides on some really crappy roads no issues. Much cleaner looking than x lab. Could not use bottle cage that zipp makes for this setup because I converted a bottle to use a straw, could not sllde bottle out with straw in place. [glued]
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good it hear it works for everyone else. I am still wondering how a piece of metal just snaps off without any real force against it. Zipp and Backcountry are looking into supposedly..still awaiting feedback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How aero is the Zipp BTA mount compared to other BTA mounting systems?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [Gervs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [mpeardon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mpeardon wrote:
go tohttp://alden-designs.com/

Thanks for an alternative option. However, are there any aero comparisons on BTA mounts? I like the solid construction of the Zipp, and the Garmin mount, but it seems a little bulky compared to other options.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you kidding? The thing is between your arms. There would be bugger all difference between the 2 due to the arms protecting it from the wind. Personally, I would go with the alden design purely for a durability point of view. There has been problems with the durability of the Zipp BTA here in Australia to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexholbrook wrote:
Are you kidding? The thing is between your arms. There would be bugger all difference between the 2 due to the arms protecting it from the wind. Personally, I would go with the alden design purely for a durability point of view. There has been problems with the durability of the Zipp BTA here in Australia to.

Thanks for the condescending reply.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Alumina BTA Mount [wacomme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any ideas how to use other computers then the Garmin Edge with the BTA mount? I'm looking for a solution to mount a powertap joule gps to the Zipp BTA.
Quote Reply

Prev Next