Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pre trainer ride question
Quote | Reply
Guys, I really have to poop. But I have to get my morning ride in, plus a short transition run after. What should I do?

A) poop then ride/run. This invites the "did I wipe well enough" problem. Because nobody likes cheek burn.
B) ride, poop, then run. This, too, invites the "wipe" problem.
C) ride, run, then poop. Removes the issue of wiping well enough, but introduces the "how long can I clench" conundrum.
D) ride until I can't hold it, poop mid-ride, run. Seems to me to be the worst choice as it encompasses both of the aforementioned issues.

Thanks. I've got Devilman half-lite next weekend and want to make sure I'm in peak condition.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Re: Pre trainer ride question [yournotunique] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to be missing:

E) ride, run, poop on the fly when needed

That being said the answer is definitely "A". Add baby wipes if you still haven't figured out how to wipe your own ass properly ;).
Quote Reply
Re: Pre trainer ride question [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured D sort of covers your E. And baby wipes are the best thing ever. The non-scented, biodegradable ones live in each of my hiking/camping packs and in each of my tents. Can never have enough. However, I never thought to use them in the house. Though, with a baby coming, they'll never be far from reach.

Not sure I want to carry baby wipes on the run, though. Is pooping myself on a short training t-run a HTFU instance, or would I be a Fred? I really gotta nail this down.

--
Yes, I know it's grammatically incorrect. Blame AOL and their 90s-era character limits.
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know everybody was concerned, so I figured I'd give an update:

Went with A. And incorporated wet wipes. Made a world of difference. And probably shaved 1-2 seconds/mile off of my run time due to weight loss.

Thanks, guys!

--
--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get up 20 minutes earlier for every morning workout (regardless of which discipline) in order to do "A."
Quote Reply
Re: Pre trainer ride question [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually do, but [serious color] I take Vyvanse for some pretty bad ADHD and, much like coffee, it will kick my guts into gear most of the time. Unfortunately, it's not terribly consistent on timeframe. Sometimes it might be 15 minutes, sometimes 60. So I tend to wait until it does before I get started. Today just happened to take longer, which was messing with the rest of my schedule. /serious color

However after today's revelatory advice, I'm going to throw a pack of wet wipes into my gym bags!

--
--
Quote Reply