Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Questions installing Quarq Riken on 2010 Cervelo P2
Quote | Reply
I don't have much experience with cranksets and bottom brackets so these may seem like basic questions. I figured I could just remove the stock crankset and install the Riken and I'd be good to go, however the spindle on the Riken is too long and the non drive side crank arm won't seat against the BB. I've read through some old threads and saw references to a wavy washer, is this what I need? I do have an FSA BB: http://www.amazon.com/...Washer/dp/B001GSSIUE

It doesn't seem like this washer is thick enough to fill the gap, are there spacers I would need as well? Do the spacers go between the crank arm and BB, or between the BB and bike frame?

Do I need a spacer for the drive side as well? When I pull the drive side tight against the BB - as it would be if everything was tightened down - it doesn't spin cleanly. There are some bolt heads or something on the inside of the drive side crank arm assembly that are rubbing against the BB creating a bit of a wobble.

One more thing, I assume I need a BB removal tool to install the Quarq's magnet ring between the BB and frame? There are quite a few BB removal tools on Amazon, can anyone recommend one for an FSA BB?

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Questions installing Quarq Riken on 2010 Cervelo P2 [JClishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must have a GXP Riken so you will need a Sram GXP bottom bracket, not an FSA one. Once you put the GXP bottom bracket on, the crank should just slide in and you will be able to torque it to spec.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Questions installing Quarq Riken on 2010 Cervelo P2 [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, OK. Is there a BB tool that will work for both the SRAM and FSA BB?
Quote Reply
Re: Questions installing Quarq Riken on 2010 Cervelo P2 [JClishe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah. Park Tool makes a wrench that should work on both.

http://www.parktool.com/...m-bracket-tool-bbt-9

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Questions installing Quarq Riken on 2010 Cervelo P2 [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks. I've decided I'm actually going to take the bike to my LBS today to have them look at it and see what they say about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good call. I do most of my own wrenching but leave the bottom brackets and bearings to my shop too.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly mechanically inclined - I used to race motocross and had no problem tearing down my bike to the frame and rebuilding it - but I've just never gotten that deep into wrenching on my TT bike so I feel like kind of a dunce asking these questions. Especially the BB stuff, as you said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its crazy too how many different BB interfaces there are now for Tri bikes... and all the different adapters, spacers, etc. cant tell you how much research it took to get my BB30 Elsa to run on my new plamsa premium... special rotor BB with the "right" amount of spacers, wave washers, etc to get it to work. way too much time- wish they would make it simple and have one standard.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply