Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mio Link - anyone got it yet?
Quote | Reply
Really like the concept but the latest feedback on DCR's blog is all over the place... STers - share your experiences pls!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received mine yesterday and took it out for a ride today. I am pretty disappointed in the link so far. It did a poor job tracking my HR even though I moved it around in my arm. I'll continue to try and make it work as the not wearing a chest strap is pure bliss.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband got his in the mail 2 hours after her boarded the plane for the Boston Marathon. Mine was not in the package even though I'm a Brand Champion - mine will ship after the Boston Marathon Expo.

I did try on my husbands - large band in black. I like the feel, and no, it won't fit around my ankle. :-( Really hoped it would and I could test it on the ankle. Oh well.

As soon as mine arrives I'm going to test the shit out of it. My Garmin chest strap has left me bloodied and scarred for life so I'm very happy to get rid of that bugger. Fingers crossed it will work for me.

FYI - if anyone is interested I do have a code for 25% off any Mio product (LINK or ALPHA). Just message me if you are interested!

Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [MrsTiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine Friday. Haven't had any issues with drop outs or spikes but it lags behind my chest strap when my heart rate is changing by about 5-10 seconds, sometimes more. During steady state efforts the two match up to within 1 or 2 beats, but on rolling terrain i've watched the chest strap HR value increase while the mio HR value was still dropping & vice versa. I did some intervals today, 10sec on, 20sec rest & it was basically worthless.

When I compare HR graphs side by side everything looks like it matches up great, but when overlaid its clear that the mio is behind, reporting a HR about 10 bpm over/under.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any additional feedback from anyone? I received mine today but am fighting a cold and haven't taken it for a spin yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. The broadcast is really weak - I'm going to start wearing it on the same wrist as my watch. Otherwise, it works really well, as long as you make sure to wear it tight.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine arrives tomorrow...reviews on DCR and by Mio state you should wear it on same wrist...just an FYI to all.,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can u pm me the mio link discount code pls?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using one since launch with moderate success. The bummer is that I need a device I can just count on, rather than question.

I've often seen very wrong readings for minutes at a time... Yesterday's run, for example had two or three 5 minute long sections that were likely 30-40 bpm high.

I'm waiting to try their supposed new firmware, but if it doesn't get more consistent I'm sending mine back.

I've played with tightness and location with no solid right position for me.

I may have difficult wrists or lacking blood flow for this product...
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My husband and I have put over 500 miles of biking on it in the last 3 weeks. In some of the hottest and wettest conditions we've had in Hawaii this year. No issues at all for me in terms of HR data and bpm being accurate. Pretty much right on target with my chest strap and historical data on the same rides/power efforts.

Garmin Edge 800 on handlebars. LINK on left wrist - worn up high, over the wrist bone and tight. Not so tight that it cuts off circulation, but tight enough that you can't see any green light from under the LINK if you flex your wrist. I also wear arm coolers over the LINK.

My husband has run with it many times as well (Garmin 910). As others have noted, you pretty much have to wear it on the same wrist as you Garmin. At first he was a little unhappy about that, but after 3 weeks of running with it on the same wrist he says it doesn't bother him at all.

I will agree - 3 weeks of being chafe free and chest strap free is great. I kept reaching for my chest strap the first 2 weeks as I had to readjust it so often on the the rides and runs that it became habit. I'm finally out of that now and the LINK disappears for me during the rides and for my husband during his runs.

Only issue I have with it is the charger and the status light.

I still recommend it to anyone and everyone - especially those that have issues with chest straps.

Denise
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got one a couple of weeks ago and so far it's been good. I have issues with chest straps, they just don't work for me. So far, I've only run with it, but I really like it.

The Link does better when it's on the same wrist as the Garmin and I get the occaissional spike with it, but it works so much better than the strap did.

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [nord0296] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nord0296 wrote:
I've often seen very wrong readings for minutes at a time... Yesterday's run, for example had two or three 5 minute long sections that were likely 30-40 bpm high.

I'm waiting to try their supposed new firmware, but if it doesn't get more consistent I'm sending mine back.

I've played with tightness and location with no solid right position for me.

I may have difficult wrists or lacking blood flow for this product...

Pretty much my situation now. Initially it looked like everything was working, but lagged behind by about 10 seconds. On the last few rides I used it I had large chunks of time where heart rate was reported +/- 30 bpm. I'm waiting on the new firmware, but I'm 99% sure mine is going back.
Quote Reply
Re: Mio Link - anyone got it yet? [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious for those having issues -

1. Where on your wrist are you wearing it?
2. What device are you using to collect the HR data?
3. Have you tried using a different device to collect the data? (IE, smartphone using bluetooth?)
4. Have you tried doing a real time comparison using a chest strap and the LINK simultaneously?
5. Do you get these issues only during one type of sport (IE: running only or biking only)?
6. When you see this spike or drop out, have you tried putting you hand over the device and pressing it to your arm? (just to see if it's light pollution causing the issue, or if it's just the device itself)

I'm curious because I'd like to try and reproduce these issues myself in hopes of helping MIO fix this issue. It's a far better solution for me than a chest strap and I'd hate to have to go back to one.

Thanks,

Denise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Where on your wrist are you wearing it?
I've tried a range from between above my normal watch position to as high as the strap will let me on both the topside and underside of my arm.

2. What device are you using to collect the HR data?
Edge 500 and Forerunner 405. Before I ran them side by side most of the data appeared reasonable. I found the link to be highly accurate for steady state efforts on flat terrain. During intervals or climbing rolling hills the lag/inaccuracy became apparent.

3. Have you tried using a different device to collect the data? (IE, smartphone using bluetooth?)
The bluetooth connection to my iphone 5 has been unstable. It drops out every few minutes and takes what feels like an eternity to reconnect, even when sitting at my desk with the phone adjacent to my wrist.

4. Have you tried doing a real time comparison using a chest strap and the LINK simultaneously?
Yes. I rode with a traditional chest strap connected to my forerunner and the link connected to my edge 500.

5. Do you get these issues only during one type of sport (IE: running only or biking only)?
I haven't bothered to try it running.

6. When you see this spike or drop out, have you tried putting you hand over the device and pressing it to your arm? (just to see if it's light pollution causing the issue, or if it's just the device itself)
No. But I have tried various amounts of tightness with no change. I'm no longer interested in troubleshooting the device. For me, it does not work. We know a certain percentage of people have trouble with the traditional chest strap, and for some of them this may be a good option. Unfortunately I think the percentage of people who won't find the link acceptable will be far greater.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

You said you have codes for 25% off Mio product. I don't know if this still applies, but I would be very interested! Could you message me? I could not find your email in your profile.

Cheers
Quote Reply