Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has there been any news regarding 11 speed on the discs. I'm unable to get on the flo forum, and I can't see any updates.

Thanks,
Tom

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [Whatleytom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatleytom wrote:
Has there been any news regarding 11 speed on the discs. I'm unable to get on the flo forum, and I can't see any updates.

Thanks,
Tom

If I remember correctly they sold 11 spd discs during this last order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just asked them via email yesterday. Discs support 11 speed now.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [Wookiebiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking setup.
Curious question, is there a way to clasp/connect a cadence magnet/sensor to a disc wheel?

==================
Cervelo P3 / Flo 60/90
RTA Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [boomer2it] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cadence? that goes on your pedal...if your referring to the magnet to indicate speed, usually teamed with the gsc-10, most people glue them. From what i have read however, is that if a garmin can pick up a GPS signal, it will use that to indicate speed rather than the magnet. Not sure how true that is, but i just use GPS for speed rather than gluing a magnet
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not quite. I think the head unit is a bit more intelligent than that. If I forget to turn off GPS while I spin in the garage, my GPS will plot out to a random pacing back and forth (20-30m). This would make for a really slow speed, yet it still picks up the magnet speed and displays that.
I do think that somewhere in the Edge 500's settings that you can select which speed detector (magnet or GPS) to use for instantaneous speed for display, but I'm not positive.
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Not quite. I think the head unit is a bit more intelligent than that. If I forget to turn off GPS while I spin in the garage, my GPS will plot out to a random pacing back and forth (20-30m). This would make for a really slow speed, yet it still picks up the magnet speed and displays that.
I do think that somewhere in the Edge 500's settings that you can select which speed detector (magnet or GPS) to use for instantaneous speed for display, but I'm not positive.

I've never messed with default settings on my 510, and it displays speed via GPS while on the road (not cadence magnet on that wheel). It'll display speed info via the magnet when GPS is off and I'm indoors on my trainer wheel, which has the magnet.

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatleytom wrote:

Thanks,
Tom

All new FLO DISCs are 11 speed. Can I ask why you cannot get on the forum?

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Got my Flo Disc in today :) [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It asked me to register and then it said I had to be approved by administrators before I could post. I never received the approval to my knowledge.

------------------------------------------
http://www.twhatley.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatleytom wrote:
It asked me to register and then it said I had to be approved by administrators before I could post. I never received the approval to my knowledge.

Can you PM me the username you used? We have hit by a spammer pretty hard and had a lot of clean up to do. Sorry for the delay.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next