Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProCycling magazine did some aero helmet tests this month at 5 degree yaw, head up and head down. They said this LG helmet was one of the worst. The Bambino one of the best. Go figure....
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
Does anybody have a solution to get these visors on the P-09 to clip in and stay in place?

I have a lot of experience with testing that helmet. Leave the visor off and go faster. Put the visor on and go slower.
There are a very few helmets that do better with the visor and the P09 typically isn't one of them.

Figured the visor would help the aerodynamics, no?

I just need some protection for my bushy eyebrows that doesn't let the sweat collect into a blurred vision.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zamm0 wrote:
ProCycling magazine did some aero helmet tests this month at 5 degree yaw, head up and head down. They said this LG helmet was one of the worst. The Bambino one of the best. Go figure....

Definitely not been our experience with it. The P-09 has been really good for about 85-90% of the people we've tested it on. Helmets are super individual. The person that a Bambino works on generally has poor results with other helmets. The advantage 2 seems to be rather agnostic though.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
desert dude wrote:
Quote:
Does anybody have a solution to get these visors on the P-09 to clip in and stay in place?

I have a lot of experience with testing that helmet. Leave the visor off and go faster. Put the visor on and go slower.
There are a very few helmets that do better with the visor and the P09 typically isn't one of them.

Figured the visor would help the aerodynamics, no?

I just need some protection for my bushy eyebrows that doesn't let the sweat collect into a blurred vision.

It was faster without the visor for me. It was .003 CdA at 0 and .002 at 10 degree.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus, the Advantage 2 is a lot less expensive than over TT helmets and, since it's been around a while you can get a good deal if you don't mind last year's color.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep when I get the "What's the fastest helmet?" question, I just point people in that direction if they aren't willing and/or able to actually do the testing.

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I know. That's why I flagged it up. Alot of people here in the UK (TT scene) like the Javelin but again in this study it didnt do great. The Lazer Wasp did well and Poc Tempor did well but only with the head very low - otherwise it was just more trouble than it was worth e.g. at 45mph it was lifting!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pity more studies dont test old skool head fairings - even if not legal in tri there'd be interesting comparisons. or even bare head or cloth cap....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the problem with tests like this. They only test on one person and then generalize the results. One person we tested it literally did not matter what aero lid put on her head she was exactly the same. Another person saved .01 CdA (roughly 10 watts). They only way to know for sure is to test. You can get really good results field testing, you just have to be very methodical about it.

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zamm0 wrote:
pity more studies dont test old skool head fairings - even if not legal in tri there'd be interesting comparisons. or even bare head or cloth cap....

It would be cool to see them test one of these http://www.raltech.co.uk/Prod_2-Helmet.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the pro cycling thing. I have wonder if helmet suitably can be guesstimated by looking at position etc outside of a wind tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to resurrect old thread...

I was wondering what was the consensus on sizing - i am just bang on on 56 - some people here saying definitely M others S

i wear S in most helmets - GIRO, LAZER, RUDY

and cannot try it. Would trying the other LG helmets be helpful (Vortice?). thanks for your help

Artur
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim and others,

I'm not sure if there is a new/replacement for P-09 coming soon or not but P-09 is getting very hard to find. Wish I had kept mine that with vent open and sunglasses it was the best aero helmet for me in hot conditions.
Now having tried other helmets with visors I know I need to get back in my arsenal an helmet that's fast with sunglasse and that has one (or more) vent(s).

I can probably still find a P-09, but I'm wondering if newer options were tested that were "faster on most people"... if not I'm just going back to was what working in hot weather : open P-09 + sunglasses, probably still better than having to downgrade to road helmet to get a bit of air, even if I know some road helmets are now super fast too !!!

Thanks guys for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyf wrote:
Jim and others,

I'm not sure if there is a new/replacement for P-09 coming soon or not but P-09 is getting very hard to find. Wish I had kept mine that with vent open and sunglasses it was the best aero helmet for me in hot conditions.
Now having tried other helmets with visors I know I need to get back in my arsenal an helmet that's fast with sunglasse and that has one (or more) vent(s).

I can probably still find a P-09, but I'm wondering if newer options were tested that were "faster on most people"... if not I'm just going back to was what working in hot weather : open P-09 + sunglasses, probably still better than having to downgrade to road helmet to get a bit of air, even if I know some road helmets are now super fast too !!!

Thanks guys for your input.

I see competitive cyclist has it in stock. I have the p-09 as well and the good cooling effect is the main reason why. I also have the giro aerohead which I like as it doesn't pinch my ears like the p-09 but the aerohead is far warmer.
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:

I see competitive cyclist has it in stock. I have the p-09 as well and the good cooling effect is the main reason why. I also have the giro aerohead which I like as it doesn't pinch my ears like the p-09 but the aerohead is far warmer.

Thanks for the tip.
Except now if you live in Europe you have no access to Competitive Cyclist... they now have a "sister" shop called Alpiniste.fr, and of course P-09 is not even referenced there.

Anyway, I'll find one, not a huge worry. Just wondering if there are better options now for Sunglasses TT helmet ? But it seems that's still the best out there !
Picture attached is Ironman Barcelona 2016 with P-09, open vent and Smith Pivlock V2 sunglasses... great combination !
Quote Reply
Re: LG P-09 aero helmet [pyf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can try ordering it direct from LG

https://garneau.com/ca/en/p-09-aero-helmet-c/color/black-red-487

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply

Prev Next