Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: wk0 4.0 [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
I haven't seen any system requirements but my mid-2012 Air with i5 and 4GB RAM is doing fine. It is not a public beta yet, not sure if it will be. I'll post here if/when there is an update.

Oh things have changed. Normally Trainingpeaks do "alpha -> new version goes live with no features"
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:

An icon has to be good for something right considering how much I suck at Photoshop :)

Any details on the cost of the monthly subscription?
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO should be a standalone platform so one time fee. If it ever gets released that is.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by sporttracks [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: sporttracks: May 13, 15 7:02
Re: wk0 4.0 [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watch the head-fake... WKO 5 announcement is in the works. They've integrated with MakeMusic, so tri coaches can pick up off season work teaching flute and oboe.

(insert lame joke laugh track here)

EDIT: Whoa. Weird comment editing. :\
Last edited by: sporttracks: May 13, 15 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [spomeroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks... we really appreciate everyone's interest in WKO4. Obviously, we are waaaaay behind where we hoped we'd be. That's pretty easy fodder for the haters to hate. However, once we started pulling on a thread, we saw things unravel and we made the decision 1.5 years ago (holy hell, I can't believe it was that long ago) to just totally rewrite the app which we had just rewritten, double down and create exactly what we wanted. Timing be damned. So that's what we've been doing. Today, we're in the midst of our third private beta, tweaking, testing and refining.

In retrospect, we should have never started talking about it and kept toiling away.. but, lesson learned. So we are holding tight until we're 100% confident of launch day. And by God, we better get it done before @Sentania has another baby (congrats by the way).

When it launches, it will be opinionated software, and it will be the tip of the spear in our ecosystem of products for many years to come. We're dying to release it to the world, and you'll know it when we do.

-Gear
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [gear_fisher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the post - hopefully we see the results of your guys work soon. As much as I joke/poke I am looking forward to it. It's annoying to me to have this ~200 bucks burning a hole in my wallet, but try as I might I just can't find something to replace WKO - so I continue to wait.

One teaser question: will there be any performance regression/prediction features built in? i.e. Similar to what RaceDay does?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just going to leave this here.....http://www.joelonsoftware.com/...s/fog0000000069.html for the next time you decide to do a rewrite.
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
I'm just going to leave this here.....http://www.joelonsoftware.com/...s/fog0000000069.html for the next time you decide to do a rewrite.

Yes and no. There are times when you are doing much more than a v1 to v2 type release which does require rewrite.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gear_fisher wrote:
Hey folks... we really appreciate everyone's interest in WKO4. Obviously, we are waaaaay behind where we hoped we'd be. That's pretty easy fodder for the haters to hate. However, once we started pulling on a thread, we saw things unravel and we made the decision 1.5 years ago (holy hell, I can't believe it was that long ago) to just totally rewrite the app which we had just rewritten, double down and create exactly what we wanted. Timing be damned. So that's what we've been doing. Today, we're in the midst of our third private beta, tweaking, testing and refining.

In retrospect, we should have never started talking about it and kept toiling away.. but, lesson learned. So we are holding tight until we're 100% confident of launch day. And by God, we better get it done before @Sentania has another baby (congrats by the way).

When it launches, it will be opinionated software, and it will be the tip of the spear in our ecosystem of products for many years to come. We're dying to release it to the world, and you'll know it when we do.

-Gear

Brave move - saying "this is what you want", rather than "here is what you want".

If you have gauged your clients correctly then super for you. If its like the new trainingpeaks UI, or indeed the old one when that replace the version before...........
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Short answer: Yes, but it's just the start. The power duration model that is core to WKO4 will form the foundation of a lot of predictive capabilities to come. But I don't want to overstate expectations, so I'll just leave it at that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gear_fisher wrote:
Today, we're in the midst of our third private beta, tweaking, testing and refining.

That is really awesome news. Really looking forward to it.

gear_fisher wrote:

You can have your own opinions, but not your own facts. Also this ;)
But regardless this is great news and look forward to playing with it.
Last edited by: liversedge: May 14, 15 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: wk0 4.0 [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
~200 bucks burning a hole in my wallet

I pegged it at closer to $300. Then I put that into a 2 biotech stocks when it didn't come out and now it's $1600+

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"That's pretty easy fodder for the haters to hate."

Currently using WKO+3.0 and satisfied for the most part. Not really all that concerned about the timeline on 4.0, I understand the decisions made and support that. Pretty unfortunate wording right there though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just take my money already :-)

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next