Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [bikefixed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter-

Glad to know that you are doing better. In my absence from LC this year, I was manning the bike aid station at the end of the drive entrance to Spring Farm. The State Trooper working traffic there with us got a radio message that someone was unconscious and high-tailed it in his car back down the lane, and two ambulances followed about 10-12 minutes later. We never did get to ask him what happened back there, but we hard a rumor floating around after (still during the race) that it might have been some sort of diabetic event.

Based on what you've said about your training, it wouldn't be unfathomable to guess that you hit something in the road - rock, rut, loose stone.....and just endo'd over the bars. But I'm glad to know you're doing better and hope you make a full recovery. Adventure like this deserves to lay some smack down for AZ 2015.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [CeeCee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paging the assistant director of marketing. When will entry open for 2015? I'm planning F1 at 65. I even dreamt about it last night. I was DFL on the first run, so far back that I couldn't see anyone and a spectator came up and said ''Why are you so slow?'' Whoa, it woke me up in the middle of the night!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Paging the assistant director of marketing. When will entry open for 2015? I'm planning F1 at 65. I even dreamt about it last night. I was DFL on the first run, so far back that I couldn't see anyone and a spectator came up and said ''Why are you so slow?'' Whoa, it woke me up in the middle of the night!

oooooh that is a nasty nightmare :/

Will let you know what I can find out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not kidding. I'll see you in May!

''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try and find out registration intell if somebody on here can help me organize my tax season better next year so that I can train enough to come back to AmZof in 2015! Apparently our Canadian beer was missed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll try and find out registration intell if somebody on here can help me organize my tax season better next year so that I can train enough to come back to AmZof in 2015!

don't do taxes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need a lackey. To do all the grunt work.

Ya know - kinda like why I keep you around.
;-)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

;-)

Did he really just say that?????

Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
don't do taxes?

That's what Rocket Man keeps saying.... I was out of personal tax for 10 years and then got back into it... and then discovered AmZof, spring edition. :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CeeCee wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:

;-)

Did he really just say that?????

Here I am, dictating menial tasks to my personal assistant.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit...you have quite the captivated audience in that shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did they ever post results? I couldn't find em.

Also, I like that reg is a mystery. Keeps the race even more cult like. Since everything with this race is throw back, reg should be paper only, mail in, with a check. Like a real check, not even a computer generated check. You have to HAND WRITE it in. People wanting to make sure they get in should have to go to the all night post office for that super early postage stamp to ensure entry also the NYC marathon in the 80s and 90s.

http://www.johnhirsch.org
http://www.stronglikebulltraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better...a cashiers check. Last year I just stumbled upon the registration page being up, wasn't even sure I was officially registered for a few days.
Quote Reply
Re: American Zofingen 2014 Official Thread [John Hirsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shall propose to the RD that it be payment by CHEQUE.

ie, in Canadian funds only, mailed to a super secret post office box, ie my office address. That way, you have to go to a bank in person to get a cheque or bank draft in Canadian funds, and then go to the post office to get the proper postage to mail it to Canada, thereby proving that you REALLY REALLY want to race AmZof....

....but we'll still post the registration fee in US$, so you'll have to guess how much to pay in Canadian funds, based on the exchange rate on the day you prepare your registration documents.... then if the exchange rate has changed by the time I receive your payment in the mail and it turns out you have paid too little, I will contact you to send more $$, plus a service fee to cover the inconvenience to me.

BAM, I am now a profit centre within the AmZof Empire!

ps.... pls note correct spellings of CHEQUE and CENTRE.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SurfingLamb [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is for SurfingLamb:

Surf, come over and race AZ. If your coach see you win a ''Big Honkin Stein'' maybe he'll take you back!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
This is for SurfingLamb:

Surf, come over and race AZ. If your coach see you win a ''Big Honkin Stein'' maybe he'll take you back!!!!!

He could even earn a finishers hat (not a trucker hat, sadly) were he to finish the LC.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got it...payment by Canadian Czech's only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:

You'll need to wait in the Q.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:

well done, KAlber
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
KAlber wrote:

You'll need to wait in the Q.

uh yeah, we don't say that here..... but nice (lame) try there, ML....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
Paging the assistant director of marketing. When will entry open for 2015?

I'm working on prodding the RD, he who will not be prodded. I decided it is best to take this right over the head of the DoM, who is incapable of dealing with such complex issues.

Stay tuned here, so that you don't miss the announcement of 2015 reg'n opening! It will be sometime between now and October ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next