Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you don't think cradling the bb will be a problem when you are working on internally routed cables that have to be adjusted under the BB, ie some cervelos, some felts, etc
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [ezzrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a feedback sports sprint stand. I holds the bike by the fork and bottom bracket. It's very much like the park 20 or 21. I love it. I tried a clamp style stand first and scratched my Slice seat post during first clamp. It also wouldn't hold the odd shaped tube steady enough to make me comfortable. Got rid of that in a hurry and haven't looked back. I liked the cradle for bottom bracket better on feedback stand over park tools. Fit my bikes better. Zero complaints
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
Park repair stand that holds the bike at the fork and cradles the bottom bracket.
Curious, which model number do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [TriathlonKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonKid wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:
Park repair stand that holds the bike at the fork and cradles the bottom bracket.

Curious, which model number do you have?

prs20
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Laatste Ronde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laatste Ronde wrote:
I love my Park Tool PRS-20: Team race Stand.

This is the stand I use too.
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Look at all the mechanics for pro road cycling teams and they all use the type of stand that mounts the fork and cradles the BB.

They aren't doing any serious work pre-race. I bet you find something different in their permanent work space.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whelp - nobody's said it yet, so I will: I like how two ceiling-mounted motorcycle tie-down straps with rubberized hooks work. Cheap, super-adjustable, but alas, not very sexy. (Though at my age, I do get a bit of a rise from 'cheap')

Quote | Reply
I think that was the one I bought. It works well. Park's warranty was actually part of my decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Laatste Ronde wrote:

This is the stand I use too.

Same here. Secures the bike well and folds up quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I use the PCS 10 properly? Do you attach the bike at the seat post or top tube? I have a Cervelo P2 with an aero post and an aluminum Cannondale that also has a carbon post
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine holds both my C-dale road bike seat post and also holds my Felt Aero post. The grip is designed to hold both types. I would rather hold and possibly crush the seat post then clamp down too hard on the top tube. I'm quite careful though when clamping on the seat post. Love my PCS-10. At some point in the future I would love to get a PRS-20 though.

Why don't we take a 5 minute brake...?
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [aTomic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received a Feedback Sprint stand last week, and it is tremendous. I had questions for support, and they got back lightning fast. This stand is a big improvement over the blue one I have had awhile. Very stable, easy to handle and store. High recommendation.
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my Feedback Sports Sprint stand about 3 months ago. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made for Triathlon equipment. I love that thing

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you attach to the top tube or the seat post. I have a qr and the seat post I don't think will fit. Is just clamping it down on the seat tube ok even if it doesn't completely surround the seat post or should I just clamp it to the top tube? I just ordered the ultralight version.
Last edited by: randymessman: Jul 24, 14 21:57
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [randymessman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My stand does not clamp to anything except the fork. The bike sits on the bottom bracket

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those of you who are cheap, like me, they are very easy to build.

http://www.bicycling.com/...hardware-store-stand

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [JoshR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshR wrote:
Laatste Ronde wrote:

Same here.

+1. I have the traditional clamp stand and the one for the fork/bottom bracket cradle. The latter is better by far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Feedback Pro as well. SuperDave doesn't like that I set the top tube of my AR in it, but I'd like to think I am pretty careful. That said, I have tried to reach Feedback about just purchasing their fork clamp top portion separately since the bases are the same and they have not responded to my contact attempt.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the PCS-4-2 and PRS-21. The PCS-4-2 is a great all around stand for repairs and and cleaning. I mainly use the PRS-21 when working on the crank, doing cable routing, etc. It also folds up and stores nicely. I've had the Topeak Prepstand in the past, but prefer the Park Tools stands.

Almost forgot to mention that the clamp on the PCS-4-2 is great, since it has a micro adjust feature. I never force clamp. Just get it close, then use the knob to tighten it. That way I never feel as if I'm applying a ton of pressure to the carbon.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Last edited by: allenpg: Jul 25, 14 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
I use the Feedback Pro as well. SuperDave doesn't like that I set the top tube of my AR in it, but I'd like to think I am pretty careful. That said, I have tried to reach Feedback about just purchasing their fork clamp top portion separately since the bases are the same and they have not responded to my contact attempt.

"Set" is ok.
"Clamp" is not.

Actually, it's your bike so I'm content to let you do what you wish. I would just caution against clamping a tube that is not designed to withstand a crush load or point load which would occur with a tapered tube being clamped in a round jaw.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it safe to assume then that in your AR seat post vid that a) that's not normally the work stand you use and b) that clamp is not holding the top tube tightly?

What do you use personally? (Not that it is an official felt endorsement of any particular brand etcetera etcetera. )
Quote Reply
Re: Home Repair Stand? [LOW2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOW2000 wrote:
Is it safe to assume then that in your AR seat post vid that a) that's not normally the work stand you use and b) that clamp is not holding the top tube tightly?

What do you use personally? (Not that it is an official felt endorsement of any particular brand etcetera etcetera. )

I have a Park sliding clamp that holds the seatpost above the area that is slotted and a front QR stand.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply

Prev Next