Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [The_Swede] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck. Maybe an upgrade to an 11-speed Shimano 105 could leave you with a 10-speed drivetrain after all!

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe you could make something like the guy in this thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ur%20hanger;#5071372

matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried sending it back to Cervelo? My dérailleur hanger on my P3 broke two years ago and it was treated as a warranty...

Worth checking.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [mtbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this is sort of an old thread...but it was really helpful in giving me ideas to fix my broken Cervelo hanger.

I had a bunch of old MTB hangers laying around, so started to experiment.

Basically made something similar to the Problem Solvers Universal hanger, but made some mods to get it closer to the cassette, more like the original.

The result is amazing, I can't believe it's functional again. Basically was thinking the frame was trash.

If anyone needs info on what my fix is like, I'd be happy to share.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [metafizx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'd be happy to share.

Could you post some pictures?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:
I'd be happy to share.

Could you post some pictures?

sorry these pics are not showing it disassembled. When I take it apart again, I'll take a pic of the modified hanger substitute.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [metafizx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very cool. Excellent work. I'd ride the heck out of this if I destroyed the hanger on my P3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was freaking out because Honu is June 4, and my hanger broke.
So very happy it is rideable now. Actually shifts better than ever!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious (since I have a 2010 P3)...no issues yet. Has anyone noticed a trend of issues by the YEAR the bike was made, thinking maybe a production issue cropping up in a particular year? Or a mileage/amount ridden over time, or have you crashed the bike multiple times. Possibly from putting a bike in/out of the bike box (there seems to be pressure on the hanger if you stuff certain boxes with too much gear). Just trying to come up with some ideas of what could cause so many to fail--common threads. Seems that with a 25 year warranty, if the hanger breaks after inspected by a dealer, Cervelo should honor the warranty, period. I do not know if they have done this regularly...but hopefully they would. So far, other than paint cracking & chips out of the frame from rocks, I have not had issues yet. Just a SRAM rear derailleur snapping in half (but no Cervelo frame fail).
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that an irreplaceable carbon derailleur hanger is a pretty odd idea anyway.
Good to see such ingeneous workarounds from people.

´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
It seems to me that an irreplaceable carbon derailleur hanger is a pretty odd idea anyway.
Good to see such ingeneous workarounds from people.

Yes and Yes!

Bookmarking this thread for if I ever need it, thanks all the contributors.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just a lucky owner as well, no issues with mine. But if you think about it, gazillions of P3s have been produced every year, since the turn of the century. The only ones that have failed hangers were crashed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely agree - but it's a bit like designing a fuse to blow up the appliance rather than protect it. Not the best analogy I know, but I'm hungover :-))

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3C Derailleur Hanger [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
Absolutely agree - but it's a bit like designing a fuse to blow up the appliance rather than protect it. Not the best analogy I know, but I'm hungover :-))

I don't think anyone has actually said "boy, I sure am glad Cervelo built this bike with a non-replaceable hanger!" The new P2/P3/P5s are built with a replaceable hanger, so at least this is technically an "old model" issue.
Quote Reply

Prev Next