Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorge, try Impact by CR Race Nutrition ( http://www.crracenutrition.com ).

Impact contains the main 3 active ingredients that are found in other popular products, but at a better price than most on the market. The potency is as high or surpassing that of the other products.

Impact is a drink additive, so you take it when you need it - before and/or during a hard effort. Clinical research backs up this methodology. You get the enhancement when you need it.

Impact also contains d-glucuronolactone, found in products such as Red Bull. Studies show that glucuronolactone enhances and preserves glycogen stores.

Contact me and I'll be happy to get you a free sample.

C Ryan Robinson
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Robert,

When you say --

"Once per week also gives you just enough experience with the product so you know what to expect on race day without the risk of building a tolerance to the stimulant and not gaining a benefit." --

Does constant use of Optygen build a tolerance that eventually negates the beneift?

Thanks.
We cannot say with 100% certainty that you will build a tolerance, but we do recommend you only use Optygen during times of stress like a 3 month training block leading up to an Ironman. So in the end you can cycle Optygen if you also cycle your training, so of us tend to train hard for 8-10 months straight and for those its best to just stay on it for 8-10 months.
It would be difficult to say unless we did a long term study if a tolerance would develop, though we do not believe so. We've had athletes use Optygen over 8 years and 90% of the time they have been on the product and these athletes still claim a benefit and can measure this via various physiological parameters.

Robert Kunz / Founder and VP of Science for First Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Extra sleep and/or better sleep.

Funny you should say this and its absolutely true.. what is also true is that chronically elevated cortisol (your stress hormone) can cause poor sleep. In fact poor sleep, like elevated resting HR can be an indication that you are over-stressed and likely have elevated cortisol. Once you get into this its a downward spiral of worsening performance and worsening health..basically your body is trying to shut you down. You'll likely either get sick due to a suppressed immune or your performance will keep suffering. This is the primary benefit to Optygen, it brings cortisol down into a normal 'healthy' range...meaning your reverse the downward spiral and actually begin to sleep a bit better. If not handled properly it can be a vicious cycle.

your product does not do that. id go as far as to say your product does quite the opposite.

I don't understand why you would believe this is the case? Can you explain.

Robert Kunz / Founder and VP of Science for First Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [ridehard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you really think stimulants have a healthy effect on cortisol levels?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EPO. You can get it legally from a doctor and when you cross the finish line just leave so there is no way you can get tested.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [SeasonsChange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you really think stimulants have a healthy effect on cortisol levels?

What stimulants do you believe are in Optygen?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What is in your opinion the best approved, legally allowed, performance enhancing supplement for IM distance?

hard training on a regular basis?
jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started using the 1st Endurance products a couple months ago (EFS, Optygen, PreRace, Multivit) and have been amazed at the difference in my training. I have yet to race with it (Half marathon is next weekend), but i've been able to sustain a faster pace for longer time. Before i started using this, i did the research on this product/company and was impressed. Next, i called Robert at 1st Endr. and hammered him with questions for about 45 mins. Being a Pharmacist, i always research products that aren't FDA approved before i try them. I have come away very impressed so far with everything they claim to be. As far as being legal? Look no farther than the winner of the past 2 Tour De France races Alberto Contador. As scrutinized as these riders are in terms of using illegal subst., don't you think that an illegal subst. would've been brought to the forefront? Great products.

Dave Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is called SPINE.

Really too bad that most people who look for supplements to boost their performance don't know anything about it.

Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...most people use supplements are spineless"....???? Is this your attempt at humor, or you just being a dick?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dihydrogen monoxide. Its not banned, but check out the link for dangerous potential side effects.
http://www.google.com/...vm=bv.74035653,d.aWw
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Danobain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious as to how you came across to revive a 4-year old thread? Was it via the Search function? Google? Searching for ____ (what?)

(FWIW-I understand the idea to continue the DHMO joke, for the 6 people who don't get it, so I'm not criticizing that.)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Caffeine & cannabis. Get da quad shot of espresso n hit da blunt get nice & toasty for the 100mi
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any experience with Beet Juice? If so how did you use it?

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Re: What is the best "legal" performance enhancing supplement for Ironman distance? [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
In Reply To:
care to back that up with some randomized clinical trials?

Indeed. Aren't there rules on this forum (authored by Jordan himself) requiring that claims be backed up by actual data?

But Jordan is sponsored by them so it's OK :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply

Prev Next