Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS...
Quote | Reply
Have any of you experienced problems 'waking' the Joule? If so, were you able to find a solution to the problem?

I used my Joule for the first time on Friday and it worked awesome. I went to use again yesterday and I could not 'wake up' the unit. Right now it appears to be dead...

I'll be on the phone to Saris first thing tomorrow morning and I'm sure they will get the problem sorted out for me. In meantime, I am curious if any other early adopters of Joule have experienced the same problem.
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [GONE4ARIDE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Have any of you experienced problems 'waking' the Joule? If so, were you able to find a solution to the problem?

I used my Joule for the first time on Friday and it worked awesome. I went to use again yesterday and I could not 'wake up' the unit. Right now it appears to be dead...

I'll be on the phone to Saris first thing tomorrow morning and I'm sure they will get the problem sorted out for me. In meantime, I am curious if any other early adopters of Joule have experienced the same problem.

no. check the battery wire maybe.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda. Mine wouldn't wake up right after I improperly ejected it from the computer. I plugged it in again and it came back to life.

3 rides with the joule. I really, really like it. I'm sure though it will do something weird on me. Can't avoid it with the first few pancakes off the griddle.
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [goldenboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My only problem with my unit is that I cant save the ride. when I select Stop and Save nothing show happened and the ride doest show on the history :-(
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [SuperCervelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My only problem with my unit is that I cant save the ride. when I select Stop and Save nothing show happened and the ride doest show on the history :-(

Do you push down on the *JOYSTICK* button once you select "stop and save."

What is your default setting for ride end time currently?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I push down the Joystick and the ride end time is 30min
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using a microSD card for extra storage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having the same problem...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes I push down the Joystick and the ride end time is 30min

Maybe try checking the folders on your Joule when plugged in to look for corrupt (0kb) files.

Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I check and cant find any files. I used the mac and a PC and no luck, I got a micro SD card and have the same problem.....

Called Cycleops and they have no idea. I'm so upset :-(
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [JollyRogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm having the same problem...

Did you call Cycleops ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not yet - first use was Saturday - it didn't appear to save. Sunday I left it unsaved until I got home and tried to download. PA told me to unplug and save. I ejected, but when I unplugged from the micro USB, the Joule appeared to erase itself.

I want to go through the steps deliberately before I call Saris - tonight or tomorrow probably.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very odd. Just spun up my wheel for 1 minute tonight to walk through the steps. Saved the file, downloaded, and Sunday's file spit out as well.

Must have been something I wasn't doing correctly. I'll give it another try Wed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something like that happened to me too, but it only did it one time.

After trying different things I notice that the Joule has a folder call Activities and all rides show up on that folder with the extension of .bin i used Poweragent and import it and it work that way but nothing is showing on the history folder.

Cyclops call me this afternoon and request me to zip the Joule files and send it to the tech team. I'm so mad that I have a defected unit ....:-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I installed a microSD card (a High Capacity "HC" SD card) my rides wouldn't save at all. I would do the Stop/Save and the ride would just disappear into the ether. I removed the microSD card and it worked just fine. Saved rides even as small as 8 seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saris call me today and they are going to send me a new unit. I tried everything but it didn't work and they told me that I was the first customer with the problem, but I'm not going to be the last
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spoke with Saris yesterday morning concerning the problem with my Joule (dead - will not 'wake up') and they are sending me a new unit. I can't speakly highly enough about their excellent customer service. Hopefully the replacement unit will be bug-free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, no one would put up with them if they had unreliable products AND poor customer service.

I thought they were taking their time with the Joule to avoid beta testing on customers as they've always done in the past?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple questions,

Do you need to have the microsd card in?
Does it just expand the memory?
Does the card need to be formatted with a particular filesystem?
Does the Joule come with 1 bike mount or 2?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Well, no one would put up with them if they had unreliable products AND poor customer service.

I thought they were taking their time with the Joule to avoid beta testing on customers as they've always done in the past?

I've had a PT 2.4 wireless for the past 4 seasons and it's been extremely reliable, so I have no prior beef with Saris relative to unreliable products.

When my Joule died after one ride, I immediately thought about the quote I had seen here on ST or somewhere else where they said that they wouldn't release Joule until they knew they could put out reliable unit. I am willing to cut them a break and chalk up my experience to bad luck. That being said, if I experience any issues with the replacement, my attitude will certainly change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As with any new tech product, the first few weeks and months are bumpy. Early/First adopters get the pleasure of dealing with these bugs all the time.

Jonathan L Golden Photography
http://jonathanlgolden.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same error again tonight. Phone call to Saris in the morning. I may just return it and consider an Edge 500 if/when I move from PT to Quarg.
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [Gollie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With CycleOps, the timeframe has historically been years.

It took them about 8 years to make their PowerTap hubs reliable enough to meet my standards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently I'm still #2 with the problem, but a new unit is on its way to my house. Fingers crossed as I've had great luck with my PTs over the past 3.5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: PAGING JOULE 2.0 USERS... [Gollie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
As with any new tech product, the first few weeks and months are bumpy. Early/First adopters get the pleasure of dealing with these bugs all the time.

There was a ton of field testing before this went to retail.

Quote Reply

Prev Next