Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My knee is clicking/snapping....how do I fix this?
Quote | Reply
Every time I walk up stairs, my right knee makes a clicking noise. It does not happen when I simply walk on flat ground or when I go down an incline. There is no pain associated with the noise....it just sounds really bad and I'd like to fix it as I'm sure it's not doing my knee joint any good.

Has anyone experienced this and does anyone have suggestions as to what I should be doing rehab-wise?

Thanks!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: My knee is clicking/snapping....how do I fix this? [emmigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
get it "scoped" in order to remove all of the cartilage and crap causing the clicking noises.
Quote Reply
Re: My knee is clicking/snapping....how do I fix this? [emmigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I slipped on some wet ceramic tile in 2006 and hyperextended my knee. My left knee has clicked going down stairs and running down hills ever since. No pain either. I just ignore it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you put your hand on your knee as you climb can you feel the knee cap "jump" into place on the click? If so I'd try stretching your ITB a lot for a few days and seeing if that helps. If I run a lot my ITB gets tight and my right knee clicks whenever I ride. Stretching fixes it every time.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it hurt? Are your muscles/IT band overly tight? Are you having discomfort? If not... frankly, I'd follow a normal strength and stretching routine and let it be. Lots of creaks and cricks are absolutely nothing.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: My knee is clicking/snapping....how do I fix this? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 I have this sometimes same symptoms. My ortho doc said it's no big deal and to ignore it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
active stretching/strengthening

via complete barefoot

on well kept futbol or football field

start slow

walking first

barely a jog next day out there on and off with walking

very soothing

take time to work way up to slow jogging

days later a little faster

then on and off track

build sole toughness bit by bit

looks funny, but stick with it- very therapuedic

strong, well stretched foot musclature, tendons, knee cartilidge, ligaments, etc

take it to wherever

small glass and stickers won't even bother

you should get there

i'm much better now

good luck

now if i can just figure a way to get my vibrams to drain water too

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Last edited by: nujeff: Sep 30, 10 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you to all who have responded so far. Good to know I'm on the right track in terms of treating it.
Quote Reply